GHNS: Discussion Thread

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW. The first episode of the new season is like watching an entirely new series. Sri Rao made the right decision to get rid of 90% of the first season cast and the new additions are great, even though I preferred Dominic Rains as Leo Julian. My favorite newcomers are Claire and Kyle. That's a cute little friendship right there. And how interesting was the ending with Jagger's son?

What did you guys think of the new episode?

• Members

I liked that they didn't use the faux film look and instead made it look like a traditional cheaply-made soap opera. Nice, but aside from Antonio Sabato Jr. shirtless, it didn't keep me tuned in through even half of it. Though most soaps don't hold my attention these days :(

• Members

well i loved it.

This is how Patrick & Robin should be written. She is still a bitch, but not a total bitch like guza writes. she has snarky lines and whatnot but you can feel and see the love she has for patrick. she isnt shuting him out. shes just not 100% letting him in either.

I really like both Kyle & Claire. I love the conflict between Kyle & Leo. I was rathe rshocked that Kyle came out in the first episode. I figured we would see Claire fall for him and then it comes out. I wonder if thats the reason for the hate between him and Leo or if its other issues. I hope we find out more.

Speaking of Leo i also really like him with this new alt meds dr whos name ic ant rmember. I like the added part of her and robin going to med school together.

Jagger. That was awesome. Patrick+Jagger=Love! I also lvoed Jagger bringing his son, stone, to meet Robin. Looks like there will be some conflict between him and Robin in the next episode.

I also like Ep getting some love. And patrick as the COS.

• Members

I really enjoyed it.

LOVED Patrick and Robin...both made me laugh and their bickering was cute

Like Saira and really enjoyed the scenes with Robin. Hope we get more of that friendship

Looking forward to next week's show

ETA: Epiphany and Toussaint were really cute

• Members

Well I loved it. I thought it was well-written and well-executed, something I haven't seen on GH in ages.

I loved the little touches "Tania Jones Memorial Daycare Center," anyone?

Little Stone was adorable.

Jagger & Patrick had mad inappropriate chemistry.

And Robin? Well, this is the Robin I've been waiting 3 years to see back on my screen.

• Members

It's obvious that this, like the first GH:NS, is a rip-off of Grey's Anatomy. Thankfully without the wah-wah prog rock soundtrack.

However, I did enjoy it, even though I forgot about it 2 seconds later. I didn't have to try.

The production looked very different from JFP's version last year. It definitely had an NBC vibe to the filming (although not as bright as Passions, thank goodness). I'm assuming that might be de Cazotte's touch.

Best bit was when Jagger emerged from the shower. Then it felt like "real" GH! And Robin was great on this show -- liked the Robin of old. Like she had heart instead of constantly abrasive and snooty. Even with her bitchiness, there was vulnerability. The whole relationship between Scrubs was also a lot more tender and welcoming (they were never a couple I could get into on GH).

I cannot wait for Robert and Anna to show up. GH:NS would have benefited from Kelly and Lainey, though. BUt what it really needs is some other "golden era" GH characters like Jagger, Brenda (!), Lois, Lucy and others to show up because that IMO is when it has that special spark that is long gone from the mothership. I wish they would incorporate the remaining Qs on here. Tracy, Monica and Edward would be great foils to Epiphany, especially now that Dr. Ford is in the Great Hospital Waiting Room in the sky.

I'm wondering if this is a trial run to replace the Guza/JFP regime one day? It certainly is proof that, crashing car aside (which couldn't have cost that much), GH doesn't need fancy stunts and CGI and elaborate shoot-outs and other cost-heavy explosions and other devices. Just characters and three (even four!) walls and story.

• Members

I was up early, and flipping thru the channels because there was nothing on. I just stumbled upon the first 10 min of Night Shift, and let me tell you, it was cheezy as hell. The funniest thing was when the old dr pulled the piece of glass out of his neck. hahaha

Robert Scorpio is supposed to show up? He'll probably be kissing Robin's butt instead of catching criminals. This show is a waste and its completely a ripoff of Grey's Anatomy. They sould think about fixing the parent show before spinning off such krap. Sorry my opinion.

Chris

Archived