GHNS: Discussion Thread

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not bad, but not great either. A lot of set up with it being the first show of the season. I was only able to get through about 2 shows last year. I do actually see that I might be able to get through more than just two this year. So that is a plus. Not to mention that Jagger is BACK! I missed him. :wub:

• Administrator

I liked the lighting too and thought it looks better than GH. I also liked the exterior shot of Robin/Patrick's place. Of course I loved seeing all the Passions producers and directors. :D I haven't seen the end credits yet, so I wonder who else Lisa brought from Passions.

I really liked the cast.....Claire :wub: and Robin's doctor friend. I thought Kyle and Julian were gay lovers before it was revealed they were brothers. LOL Woohoo...Dr. Ford is dead! Thank you Sri Rao! I hated Dr. Ford.

Jagger meeting Patrick was hilarious. "What's a jagger?" "Put on some pants." :lol:

I'm looking foward to this autism storyline. I have way more faith in Sri Rao than Dena Higley who's really botching the autism storyline on DAYS. I swear, if little Ston says, "One, two, three, four," I'm gonna turn off the show. ;)

I thought it was a great start - it's way better than Guza/JFP's NS1.

I read Sri Rao was a GH fan, so I'm not surprised he knows GH's history and cares about it....unlike Guza who doesn't give a shit.

• Members

:lol:

I agree with most, NS2 was awful. The Izzy rip off was annoying, the guy playing Kyle couldn't act his way out of Lisa de Cazotte's ham and cheese sandwich and don't get me started on NuLeo and Robin's Nufriend. I've seen monkeys who've acted better then those two. :rolleyes:

• Members

I liked the lighting better on NS2 as well.

However, the dialogue is CRINGEWORTHY on this show and a lot of the new character are played by really bad/dull actors, what's gotten into our dear Mark Teschner?

What I really liked were the little moments and conversations and the fact that they actually gave Robin a sense of sexuality. You're never gonna find that with Guza on GH.

• Members

Adam Grimes is great!

Not sure if I buy him as a member of the Persian Julian family, though. This is where Galen Gering should have come in, playing the other Julian brother. Grimes should be playing another character completely (Leo's ex-lover? Great idea, Toups!).

The whole show felt like old skool soapy GH to me, more than the original Daytime show is right now. I just wish they had more GH vets anchoring the SLs and new characters here. No, I'm not talking Jason! I'm talking the Qs. Lainey. Kelly. Liz (it's not like BH is doing much on GH at the moment). And they should bring back Lucy Coe to host a Nurse's Ball for one of the episodes. I just think aping Grey's Anatomy in a cheaper Daytime setting is not the way to go.

As for the production side, I liked the pinkish, moody lighting at GH. Robin and Patrick's apartment looked cosier and more inviting than on Original GH. In fact, Scrubs as a whole were warmer and more inviting on NS. TPTB need to decide if they are going to make this show look like a real Primetime show (given that it is sort of competing with the rest of Primetime) or just make it look like an old-style Daytime soap, which it is doing now. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And it needs to improve some of the acting and some of the dialogue -- get it to GH levels. GH's dialogue writers are the best in the business.

• Members

Im glad you enjoy him as well. I find he comes off very natural and real. Its not like im watching someone act. I just see Kyle. Thats the way i like it.

As for the race issue, i am going to assume one of them is adopted. They didnt get into much about them. We dont even know why they dont get along. I figured maybe one was adopted and Kyle was the fave child. or something like that. Tho i kinda hope they go with the both the adoption and the Leo doesnt like him because hes gay. Its a subject im shcoked daytime hasnt tackled.

• Members

Same here. I thought he was the most naturalistic actor of all the newbies, and seemed to exude confidence and humor from his pores! The antagonistic chem between him and NuLeo was very good. The actress who played Clare rushed her lines a little too much for my liking but she was ok.

The actors playing Leo and Saira were, uh, not so polished (I'm trying to be polite). Their delivery was kind of off! However, in a weird way they are more interesting characters than Clare, given that she is linked to Robin and he's a d!ck.

Maybe Leo resented Kyle coming into the family (as an adopted child in a Persian family) and taking his spot as adored only child? Persian families are v. tight-knit and children (especially boys) are treated like little kings.

And maybe the gay thing played into that... something Leo could use against Kyle. Wonder if the family knows or if Leo is holding that over Kyle's head.

• Members

ITA about AG!

The actress that plays Claire i also agree with. I think she could be good but needs some work. The chem between her and AG is there and hopefully as it goes on she improves. Shes not awful, but shes far from great.

I also agree about the other two. The actor playing Leo just kinda screams. And the actress that plays S is off, but i also could see her getting better. I aslo agree they are intersting. But i do think Kyle is the most inersting. I really liek him because HE seems to be okay with the fact that hes gay. i was not expecting that.

i *HOPE* that is how it goes and they dont have Leo be the adopted one. This makes for a much more intersting story and shows why Leo would hate Kyle so much. If Kyle was adopted intoi the family and was the fave child AND he was gay and the parents were ok with it that would be really intersting, but i also think it will be the parents dont know and Leo has it over his head.

I do think they will establish how they are brothers because when Patrick realized it he looked confused.

• Members

I thought it was good. I liked the lighting. This reminds me of why I fell in love with Robin and Patrick in the first place. The show brought back the way they used to be. I also loved Patrick meeting Jagger. "What's a Jagger?" :lol: Liked the scene of their appartment outside. I also thought the appartment felt more homey than on GH.

I do however miss the real Leo. Does anyone know the reason for the recast?

Archived