ALL: Best and Worst Temp Recasts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were three actors who filled in for the late, great Ben Hendrickson on ATWT. Can't remember the first guy, but he did a good job. James Kiberd from AMC was OK, too. Randolph Mantooth was awful. But Hal Munson belonged to BH.

• Members

I adore Kelly Lang but watching Hickland and Ferguson's version of Brooke Logan was fun. I liked both actresses.

Deborah Adair briefly returned as Jill in the mid-eighties. (good)

Didn't Judith Chapman also play Jill for a few episodes before Jess Walton joined the show?

How about Lane Davies as Ridge Forrester? Anyone remember that?

• Members

Years ago Gisele McKenzie filled in for Jeanne Cooper on Y&R(big shoes to fill)She was in scenes with Julianna McCarthy(Liz Foster)

I remember thinking she would make a better Liz than Kay-definitely a bad one.

Apparently Lydia Bruce(for years Maggie on The Doctors)replaced Beverlee McKinsey as Alex on GL and was woefully miscast.

Reading upon From These Roots for the cancelled soap thread,I read that one actress walked out on the day of the show(it was live) and a producer went on instead.

Mmmm...maybe Jill Farren Phelps could fill in as Tracey on GH or Brad Bell could play Thorne on B&B!!

• Members

GL:

1993 was a BAD recast year for the show:

Geoffrey Scott as Billy Lewis: God, he was awful. But I suppose it wasn't his (or the show's) fault. GL was left hanging high and dry when Jordan Clarke was arrested for cocaine possession.

Lewis Arlt as Ross Marler: Again, another situation arose when Jerry verDorn was diagnosed with cancer (I believe that was it).

Ann Hamilton as Mindy Lewis: Not technically an emergency recast, but she was absolutely vapid.

• Members

GOOD

Anna Stuart as Rae Cummings, OLTL. She was on it for one day when Linda Dano was ill. What I liked about it was she played Rae as if Donna Love had just washed up on OLTL and since I love me some Donna Love I thought it was great.

Jess Walton as Jill Abbott, Y&R....she was soooo good Bill Bell fired Brenda Dickson....in the makeup room.....in front of everyone.....the man LIVED his life like a soap opera!

Carmen Duncan as Lisa, ATWT. Yes the accent is ridiculous, yes she's a good 10 or 15 years younger than Eileen Fulton, yes she played Lisa just like she played Iris...but damn if I don't love Carmen Duncan. That woman could read the phone book and I'd be in a trance.

BAD

Charity Rhamer as Belle Black, DAYS. There are no words.

• Members

These weren't technically temporary recasts - they were on contract, but didn't last long because they were AWFUL:

Y&R

Scott Seymour as Billy

Sarah Aldrich as Victoria

Davetta Sherwood as Lily

B&B

Emily Harrison as Bridget

• Members

Sorry y&r fan but I have to disagree about Davetta, she was the best, mature and in your face Lily because CKLily doesn't have the power to do that especially with Chloe in hers and Cane's life telling off Chloe to stay away from her and Cane oooooooooo I'M SO SCARE what a wimp I'm rooting for Chloe is this :rolleyes:

• Members

I think you are referring to Judith Barcroft (ex-Anne, AMC). She wasn't half bad!!!

But do you remember Slezak's maternity leave replacement for 6 long months in 1981? Now, I love Christine Jones, but Viki she is not!

• Members

Krissy Carlson as Fancy Crane on Passions would have to be one of the worst I have ever seen. She looked like a tranny in the short blonde wig and she brought nothing to the role. Speaking of bad recasts, the girl they have playing Paloma is terrible.

Also, Gina Marie May filling in for the role of Kay between Taylor Anne Mountz and Deanna Wright was pretty bad.

On the other hand, I think Kam Heskin's stints as Sheridan were really good...if I recall correctly, a lot of fans wanted her kept on.

• Members

really? Im finding Heskin's to be dreadful right now on the show.

I actually liked Gina Marie Kay. I preferred her over Deanna. She looked the part and played the bitch role well

We'll agree on Krissy Carlson and the new Paloma. Both were horrible choices.

• Members
Oh, I agree on that one. Cherity Rahmer (DAYS) fits right in too.

But if I'm gonna stick to what the original poster asked for this is my take.

Best

DAYS

Dan Wells - He was just awesome. He copied Ali's body language and facial expression so well. Pretty good for a guy playing a woman who's pretending to be a guy. lol

Passions

Nick Stabile - He would be a great Eric or Brady on DAYS.

Priscilla Garita

Worst

Passions

Kam Heskin - Never liked her acting and she's not gotten any better.

Krissy Carlson - Hmm, I don't even know where to begin...

Archived