ALL: Best and Worst Temp Recasts

• Members

Who do you think are the best and worst temporary recasts in soap history? In order to qualify, these actors must have taken over the role just for a short-term engagement to fill in for the otherwise unavailable main actor, who was usually sidelined due to pregnancy, illness, and so on.

BEST

Kam Heskin, Sheridan, Passions

Nick Stabile, Fox, Passions

Marj Dusay, Vivian, Days

Dan Wells, Sami, Days

WORST

Joan Crawford, The Secret Storm

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The good:

I don't know her name, but in the later-middle 80s Erika Slezak was out for several episodes and I was horrified when they brought in a replacement... it turned out she was very good. She was kind of doing Erika Slezak doing Viki.

Elaine Princi, if I've got her name right, was a good Dorian too in the early 90s when Robin Strasser was off the show. A few years after they brough Robin back, I saw an old episode of All in the Family and was delighted to see a young Robin Strasser on it... until the end credits rolled and it turned out the actress was Elaine Princi, not Robin!

The guy they recast as Max Holden in the early 90s was awful. I don't know his name.

Karen Witter and Krista Tesreau weren't bad recasts for Tina... they were good actresses but they played Tina very differently than Andrea Evans had. I preferred AE, but I don't mean to knock KW or KT when I say that at all.

Nathaniel Marston was a far better Al than the guy who first played the character a few years back. I"m on the fence about Chris Stack; he's not a bad actor but he doesn't have the presend Marston did. (Of course, he doesn't seem to have the baggage,either.)

Trevor St John has been a good Todd, tho it took me a long time to warm up to him.

The bad:

Replacing Kevin Stapleton with Tim Gibbs was just criminal. They took one of the two best actors to ever play Kevin and replaced him with a friend of Jill Phelps; if that wasn't bad enough, Gibss couldn't act and had NO chemistry with any of the other actors/actresses on the show.

Replacing Finola Hughes with that actress who was playing Anna when Faison "killed" her

Replacing Kristina Wagner with that actress who temporarily took over for her, then disappeared

Replacing John Ingle with Jed Allan. People say Jed was good on Days, but he was sorely miscast as Edward Quartermaine.

• Members

Charity Rahmer is on Days currently in Sweden, first i didn`t think she was that bad, not a fan of Kirsten Storms and her annoying teen voice, but i must admit that Charity Rahmer really isn`t a very good actress, i know she signed a contract but meaning that she was only on about 15, 16 Episodes, she might work as a temp Belle.

Right know she is wearing a blonde longer Wig, for Martha Madison who has longer hair, meaning that Martha will soon show up on Swedish Television!....

Archived