Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm glad that Steph finally got the exit she deserved and was reunited with BOTH her sons! It was finally the proper type of exit for Steph I'd been waiting for after Susan Bower had obliterated the character of Steph to facilitate her exit(her 2013 return wasn't any better either). 

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was in Australia when the wedding aired - it was sweet and nicely produced and several Australian landmarks were lit up in rainbow colours the night the wedding aired to commemorate it.  

I'd never seen Neighbours before and was surprised at its tone (not like a US soap, not like a UK soap either, hard to describe, but it was definitely earnest and while scenes move slow, an awful lot happens in an episode). 

Edited by DaytimeFan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Hi,

does anyone have any insight on this show's production model?

I keep seeing clips on Twitter and I am impressed at the breakdown of each scene, lighting, directing, camera angles. The show looks expensive and something that producers take their time to shoot. How do they manage to pull it off?

• Members

I didn't hear of his passing when it happened. I've enjoyed watching Prisoner, Sons and Daughters, and Neighbours lot over the years, and I thank him for bringing his brand of soap opera to the world. I'd love to see more of The Young Doctors and The Restless Years, which I believe he also had a hand in.