Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

NO! I freaking LOVE that dog. Now Jackson has to die because my love for that dog GREATLY eclipses any sort of likening I might of had for him.

But yes, the show really dropped the ball with Aaron's story. Plus, Jackson has never really worked or made any sense to me. I hope this doesn't make him "straight." That would just be embarrassing.

Edited by Amello

• Members

I don't think he'll be straight, they can't really go back from the coming out story. My guess is that they will just not focus on his love life.

The writing for Jackson has been shallow, using him only as a plot device and a shield so they won't have to actually write anything for Aaron's love life. Yet the writing for Aaron has become so poor I actually prefer Jackson.

• Members

Emmerdale must be pissed that EastEnders is doing a drug addict story too because there's is much more gritty, raw, better acted and entertaining.

As for Jackson, the second he one upped Charity, I knew I could never like him. He's basically non-existent in my book. They should have turned Aaron into a Sami Brady schemer, wanting Adam, wanting to break up Chas and Carl. Fun, fun, fun.

Edited by Amello

• Members

I don't know if Danny Miller would have been great at that type of stuff. I think there's room for this type of character but Aaron trying to turn straight men would box him into a very small corner. It would also bring up the question again of asexuality, and if Aaron wanted Adam, it would probably not be shown onscreen.

I think they should just drop any gay stories if they don't want to make the effort to show them.

The Emmerdale story is decently written and paced. It's the casting of Holly which failed. In comparison the Eastenders story is rushed but Steve McFadden makes you forget that.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I've never liked the actress that plays Holly. She's wooden, her voice/accent annoys the piss out of me, and she often gets into a mode where she yells all her lines.

I think I remember saying that a few months ago, to which Amello got mad and defended her. :lol::P

And I don't like Pauline Quirke on this show. It seems like they just hired her to play her character from Birds of a Feather. While that's fine since she is known for that role, I don't see anything that really separates the parts.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Viv's hair reallyreallyREALLY bothers me. It's like a cross between a beehive and a mullet, and she's got hair that sweeps down in front of her ears and... ugh. I just want to take the gardening shears to that mop.

And you both seem like fans of Viv/Bob/hazel etc. Can I ask why? It's an honest question, not a snarky one. I tend to FF whenever they are on. I love Diane and the old biddies of the village who gossip about everybody else at the Woolpack. I even like crazy religious Edna and her yappy dog. Love the Wyldes, of course. But V/B/H leave me cold, for some reason.