EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The show is so cold and plot-driven now, it would be difficult for me to react to any return, but I just didn't need to see Chrissie again. At least this is only for a guest part, so this won't end up like the failures of Janine and Cindy, but I don't have any interest in more of EE's forced nostalgia. And without Sam there a huge part of the story is gone. 

TAO also seems more known for her tweets (IIRC a beef with Balvinder Sopal drove the latter off Twitter) than her acting these days.

• Members

I'd forgotten about Tracy-Ann Oberman's unfortunate social media hijinks. Great actress but I can't see how she's needed on the show today. 

Was Cindy's return actually a flop? I wasn't aware one way or the other. I definitely think it was a stunt and part of the same tiresome Americanized trend others have mentioned in this thread above me, sure, but I didn't know that it (or bringing on her ex, family, etc) hasn't had some success. It seemed as though people had taken to Colin Salmon's character at least.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Cindy is mostly just there to serve George's storylines. She has no real past, story or identity of her own. If you enjoy George it isn't a flop. That's about all.

Chrissie isn't needed, but then, on Clenshaw's EE, everything is so plot-driven and empty, no one is actually needed.