EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Okay episode.

Max and Jack were definitely the best part. Lots of love there. I can almost forget everything that happened between them in the past.

I can't believe that Shirley is letting Phil of all people send her into a downward spiral. I think she was dead right about Janine ending up in the gutter, drunk like her. Janine needs a new path or she will come to a bad end.

Janine and Ryan don't do it for me, but I'm interested in seeing if the wedding actually happens.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So a month and a half until the smirking and barking and misery of that hypocritical woman returns. I guess I should enjoy Max while I can...

I was surprised at how intense the scenes were between Max and Jack. I can't help thinking that wouldn't have gotten through with Santer. That was some tough stuff, especially when he started poking Jack with the walking stick. They work so well together, they are just riveting, I wish the show had written them this way from the start, had let us see that love between them.

Most of the other scenes were fairly dull, although it's about time Shirley falls apart - she has clung to the fringes because of her obsession with Phil and his family but without that what does she have?

Hard to care about Ryan and Janine, as their relationship confuses me and I get the feeling the show is only keeping them together until the truth about Stacey is exposed. I do think Neil McDermott is doing a fine job with what is a very erratic role.

I mostly liked the sense of community in this episode and in a lot of recent episodes.

• Members

Preview clip from next Friday's episode with a Phil/Peggy showdown. It looks intense...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1TaqhZwd4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1TaqhZwd4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1TaqhZwd4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Damn, Phil does look horrible. Steve McFadden said he lost weight to show how Phil was lost and you can see it in his face.

Peggy and her damn slaps. That is the last thing that Phil needs right now.

About Jane,

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Today's episode:

I don't understand why Carol is being so presumptuous about Bianca having an affair. Its all been suspicion on her part, with nothing credible to back it up. She was way off base embarrassing Bianca in the middle of the square like that. Though, I guess, Carol still can't forgive or fully trust Bianca after the whole Dan situation either.

Bianca was right though, Carol is probably jealous that Bianca is happy and her marriage hasn't imploded yet, while Carol is alone. I think this sets the stage for Carol going back on the dating scene and her old insecurities about romantic relationships resurfacing again.

I really enjoyed the scenes between Carol and Zainab. I think Lynsey and Nina work so well off one another.

Oh Whitney, consider yourself lucky that Billie dumped your ass. :rolleyes: He's not worth it. I hope this is the beginning of the end for Billie. He's useless and barely appears anymore, and when he does, like today, it's for barely for more than 5 minutes.

The overall community atmosphere is definitely stronger on the show again these days.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I don't understand Carol's behavior towards Bianca today. Even if Bianca is cheating on Ricky, why does Carol feel the need to embarrass her publicly? I also don't know why she would tell her grandchildren something like that and scare them half to death. Bianca's children are so adorable.

Carol may get on my last nerve, but I glad that she told Zainab some hard truths about how she is treating Syed. It was good that they were able to make a kind of peace in the minute mart, but they both walked away making the same mistake with their children. Poor Tamwar having to put up with both of them.

Whitney looked very pretty when Tiffany was brushing her hair. Billie didn't get his hair cut in the army. This is probably the end of Billie. Kirkwood did fire the actor from Hollyoaks.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Everything with Carol behaving that way in public smacked of just a dramatic scene for the sake of a dramatic scene, which is the type of Eastenders I don't care for. I could see why she doubted Bianca and then Bianca basically challenged her to confront Ricky, but the whole thing just rang false. I love Carol and it makes me sad when I see people dismiss her as just a bitter shrew, but the show isn't exactly doing very much to change their minds. I hope we might see her quieter moments soon, because when we occasionally get to see them (like when she tried to talk to the kids about Bianca), they still shine.

Kind of funny that all they do to show Billie has been in the service is to have him wearing fatigues. I guess this makes me a bad viewer but I just skipped all those scenes. I would like to believe Billie is gone for good but Kirkwood may not want to be seen as having any personal issue against the actor if he fires him twice.

I hope June Brown hasn't had an injury, walking with the cane. I liked the stuff with Peggy and Dot.

The show seems to be trying to soften Zainab, which is probably a good idea. Poor Tamwar was so overpowered in those scenes. :lol:

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Today's episode:

I thought today was a very enjoyable episode overall, minus the silly Billie/Whitney nonsense.

We finally got to see Carol's vulnerable side and see her emotions come out. This was a very important episode for Carol, and maybe the most important episode for her since she's been back. Her conversation outside on the sidewalk with Bianca towards the end of the episode was very well-written and acted. It was nice to see Carol admit that she wasn't 100% over the Dan drama.

Even the Carol/Billie scenes were good. Like Carol admitting that all she's had to do all her life is fight for her and her kids, so it's not easy for her to soft and more emotional.

The Phil stuff is so disturbing to watch, but that's exactly the point of a story like this, it should be disturbing. It looks like Phil and Rainie are going to be robbing the Vic soon to fund their crack addiction.

Minty is best in supporting scenes like today's stuff with Phil.

I enjoyed Ryan punching Billie, for obvious reasons. :lol:

Roxy and Ronnie painting R&R and their scenes in general have been fun lately. They've really come into their own as sisters in recent months.

Grant called Peggy, I guess that's a nice touch with Peggy leaving soon.

I'm guessing the Vic fire will be the catalyst that makes Peggy give up the Vic and leave town? So much of her existence is wrapped up in that place, it's no wonder why she desperately wants to hold on to it, but something is probably going to break that bond soon.