Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know they filmed these months ago but for episodes that are verging on summer I'm surprised at how suffocated and drab the show feels these days. You go from one dingy setting to another and one depressed person to another. As stupid as this sounds I could barely even get through tonight's episode, it was just so damn drab and so many of the characters looked like they were about to go on a rampage. Some of those closeups of Hayley were scary, the look in her eyes. I was just weirded out for almost every scene.

Nick looks so emaciated. I know you have to choose between your body and your face as you age but it's getting to be like Thinner.

I wish they would just put Graeme in a different outfit, even if they are trying to hide a weight gain for Craig Gazey (?).

Was anyone else hoping the constant leaking in the factory would electrocute Sean?

Izzy reminds me so much of someone. I'm not sure who. Amy Irving, perhaps.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jason and Carla get together. He was already with her lookalike 4-5 years ago.

This stuff with the binman is dumb. I also don't know why he'd keep these tickets secret from Carla.

• Members

Thanks for posting.

Uh...it looks strange, no? They should just left the people out. It's almost like they're trying to say "See, this street isn't depressing at all! Look at all of the action, all of the business! It's just like Albert Square!" But it's not. At least the title screen looks nice.

• Members

I don't love the Vaseline lens stuff. The initial part of the theme is a bit too muffled, more like a "Best of" video than a theme.

After that somewhat shabby shot of the CGI pigeons, the opening gets much better. The title card is stunning and represents what the show should be.

I guess they don't have the cat anymore? :(

• Members

The cat's there! It just looks like the poor thing is about to fall to its death because it's going from a higher part of a roof to a lower part, but the lower part really isn't in the frame.

What's going on with the scheduling this week and next? I've pieced together what I've read, and it looks like this:

Monday, May 24 - One episode.

Wednesday, May 26 - One episode.

Thursday, May 27 - One episode.

Friday, May 28 - Two episodes.

Monday, May 31 - Two episodes

Tuesday, June 1 - One episode.

Wednesday, June 2 - One episode.

Thursday, June 3 - One episode.

Friday, June 4 - One episode.

Is that right? Or are they still sneaking Sunday episodes in there?

• Members

I know I am being mean but for someone who was cast as a "hunk," I am not sure I can remember more guys being less attractive than Ben Price. I just cannot stand looking at his face.

Not that I have a lot of pity for the Platts (although this story has done David a service), but Tina's continued blind spot about her father does her few favors. Neither do the heavy undertones that Jason just doesn't get her while Graeme does. Yes, the guy who treats her like a broken china doll is her salvation. :rolleyes:

The best scene was Eileen and Lloyd arguing and hitting each other with rolled up newspaper.