OLTL: OMFG, Fortieth Anniversary Spoilers From TV Guide

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, but GL's special episode for its 75th Anniversary did honour that show's overall roots, and we all know GL has been a dead show that lacks any resemblance to its true self for years now.

Some people are never happy though. One person wanted a one day return of Lee Warrick as Julie Siegel, so Dorian could interact with her earliest rival. Some things just aren't practical.

• Members

Even more reason to bring it up, I say. By the time all this happens, three of the show's most popular characters will be on the show (Viki, Dorian, and Tina) and they've all been around since before the Buchanans came to Llanview. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm reeeeal excited about this (as you'll see below), but I'm still hoping that there'll be at least some a clip montage of stuff from the 1960s and 1970s. There's at least one late 60s episode out there and definitely a good amount of early 70s stuff too. When Viki goes to heaven, I'd love to see clips of Slezak's early work as Viki (UCLA has episodes from her first couple of weeks in their archives).

But, all that aside, this is some really, really exciting stuff to look forward to! I'm most excited about finally seeing characters like Cord and Megan, I've heard so much about them and they both played major parts on the show, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them. The thing with Bo and Rex is interesting, but I don't know if I like the idea of that being an actual storyline that lasts for a while. I like stuff like that, but I think it might take away from the real, human drama we've been seeing for the last couple of months. Nevertheless, I'm really looking forward to it anyway! It's so "Quantum Leap"-ish LOL.

If all that is happening on July 21-22, I wonder what they have planned for the actual anniversary, which is the 15th.

• Members

I would SO not put it past Ron if he's been begging Valentini to redo the opening in a complete duplication of the old 80s opening with the gorgeous headshots and panoramic shots of Llanview. That would kick ass and even though it'd be a concept that's nearly 25 years old, it'd be better and more attractive than anything on ABC now.

Archived