OLTL: OMFG, Fortieth Anniversary Spoilers From TV Guide

• Members

Blast From the Past

Long before Passions came along, One Life To Live was Daytime's wildest soap......especially back in the Reagan era, when Viki(Erika Slezak) had an out of body experience during brain surgery and wound up on a space ship to heaven. To celebrate the ABC soap's 40th anniversary next month, OLTL head writer Ron Carlivati will revisit the celestial 1987 plot by having Vicki die........just momentarily of course! "This time, heaven will be a very modern high rise.......Vicki will go up the elevator encountering all sorts of dead characters along the way," said Carlivati. Among the former stars making angelic returns are Phil Carey(Asa), Mark Derwin(Ben), Stephen Markle(Mel), and Jessica Tuck(Megan). OLTL's legendary creator, Agnes Nixon, will also appear in heaven. That's not all. Carlivati will redo the famous 80's plot where Tina(Andrea Evans) survived a plunge over the Iguazu Falls in Argentina, only this time, creepy Carlo(Thom Christopher) will force Tina to watch in horror as he sends her daughter Sarah(Justis Bolding) over a waterfall. Fan favorite John Loprieno will return as Tina's ex-hubby Cord. And remember the time Clint(then Clint Richie) was knocked unconscious and time-traveled to the Wild West? Carlivati will riff on that plot too. "Bo(Robert S. Woods) and Rex(John-Paul Lavoiser) are hit by lightning and wake up in 1968............the same year OLTL hit the air," Carlivati say. The kicker: Bo has become his pop, Asa, and Rex has become the young Bo. All three homages air July 21-22, but the Bo-Rex twist will play out for several weeks, maybe with dire consequences. Say Carlivati: "If they can't find their way back to the future, Rex will be drafted and sent to Vietnam."

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds great, though I wish they could've gotten Judith Light to appear, which was rumoured. I mean, Karen Wolek's breakdown on the witness stand is arguably OLTL's most defining moment in pop culture history. Also, since Ugly Betty is shifting production to New York, it wouldn't be hard at all for her to appear. Also, Karen and Viki had a really interesting friendship back in the day, from the old youtube clips I've seen, after all it was Karen's breakdown confession that kept Viki from going to prison.

• Members

OMG!!! This show is INCREDIBLE! Ron Carlivati's about to deliver the biggest soap fan service in history! I love how he's returning the show to both its emotional AND campy roots. Can't wait for the Bo/Rex story!

• Members

LOL!!!! For some reason, the first time I read that, I thought of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"...

Brian Frons: "Well, she will be [dead] soon. She's very ill."

Agnes Nixon: "I'm getting better."

Brian Frons: "No you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment."

Archived