GL: June discussion

• Members

Once, when I was watching DAYS, they opened on a scene between Nick and Chelsea from the p.o.v. of the fireplace. That was artistic and creative. What GL does these days with all these long shots is nothing short of pretentious. Even worse, it robs us of our intimate connection with the characters. I already don't care what's happening on this show. Watching it all from the Goodyear blimp does not make it easier.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reva looked fab today. Loved the hair.

I never thought that I could dislike Cassie any more than I do, but the last few days I just can't stand her at ALL. I don't know why, but she's really getting on my last nerve.

Another day in the life of the Foley's. Interesting, can't-miss TV, isn't it??!?! Ugh.

But how great was it to see Harley/BE in the previews for Monday. The show is really going to miss her and I'm hoping they do NOT recast Harley.

• Members

Somehow, I didn't realize what a huge whole BE left on the show until today. Seeing her on-screen again was great and shows how much GL needs her. I don't know if I'd be able to accept a recast - especially under this regime. EW/DK would completely change the character and it's not like they haven't destroyed her enough already.

The Foley Brothers hour is getting old. FAST. I mean, who gives a [!@#$%^&*] if G/Gillespie/Grady is "sorry" for what he did to Tammy? And how is Daisy that [!@#$%^&*] stupid to think that he's changed? GMAFB.

Cassie is nothing but a self-righteous tramp. She really pissed me off today when she told Daisy "You're Reva's granddaughter all you care about is yourself". WTF? This coming from a woman that stole her sister's husband when she was dying of cancer and even after she found out, treated Reva like she was the enemy. And she slept with her BF's boyfriend. HELLO! Cassie, say hello to the kettle. I really can't stand her. Cyrus should go straight to Josh and fill him in on what happened. But we all know because this is EW's "supercouple", nothing will cause these two to break up.

JD was great today. He should have punched Cyrus.

I heard a rumor in SOW about Harley. I don't know if I can post it here, so I may post it over on spoiler island.

• Members

^^^ Posted a new topic over on Spolier Island, Julia. Let me know what you think.

It was amazing to me that they were actually comparing Jonathon and G/Gillespie/Grady today on the show. Trying to justify this inane SL, I'm sure. But it doesn't wash.

• Members

Greg, don't know if you've heard, but Nelson Branco over at TVG Canada is threatening to reveal some BIG GL scoop today! He claims that that EW is making some big announcement today regarding GL and that he will be the first to post it in his Soap column later today. Stay tuned!

• Members

Wasnt that mentioned when the new production model was announced? You can see influences of The Hills on GL; the 'reality' look, the soundtrack, the montages, the opening sequence...but The Hills looks way more expensive...if GL had applied a glossy filter to this new look, it would look a hell of a lot more expensive, as well as if they'd put a bit more effort into the way scenes were lit and blocked.

The episode that really stood out for me as GL trying to emulate The Hills was one that started out with a voiceover from Harley going "my name is Harley Davidson Cooper, and this is my neighbourhood, this is my home..."

• Members

I'm glad Buzz didn't punch Cyrus, it wouldn't have made sense. Buzz didn't punch him or do a damn thing to him when he broke Marina's heart and ruined her life by screwing Harley behind her back even though he and Marina were engaged to be married and he had declared his love for her to everyone under the sun. He cheated on Harley, yeah, but so what? They weren't engaged. They were barely even living together and, at the time, Harley was so obsessed with Gus, who she tossed away like a piece of garbage just months earlier, she couldn't be bothered to give him the time of day.

One interesting detail about the barn-boink that is always glossed right over is that Cyrus told Cassie that he went to that barn alot to be alone, to get out of that house. You could tell this was true just because every time he was within 100 yards of Harley he looked so desperately unhappy, like a little boy whose hamster just died. He did that and boinked Cassie because he was miserable with Harley and all of her baggage and knew that she was miserable with him too and that they'd made a mistake of epic proportions but that they were both far too arrogant and stubborn to admit it. The writers tried so hard to try and convince us that there was something more between them than just their use of sleazy sex to excape their fear of death but there never was. They tried to have these two declare their supposed "love" for each other all-day, every-day ad nauseum but it just wasn't there onscreen and pretty much everybody saw that.

Now, it's FINALLY over and Harley got exactly what she deserved. She got cheated on by Cyrus and betrayed by a woman she was stupid enough to trust implicity. Karma's a real bitch. After betraying her own niece just to get laid by a guy she barely knew and then abandoning her own children so that she could kidnap Gus's son and keep him away from his mother to get revenge on Natalia for being married to Gus at the time he died, she had this coming in spades! I only wish she was in Springfield when she found out so that Cassie and Harley could confront each other face-to-face and hopefully kill each other and Grady too. It would also have been great to see Marina FINALLY be able to rub Cyrus's infidelity in Harley's face just like she rubbed her sleazy affair with him in Marina's.

Harley has absolutely no right whatsoever getting all self-righteous with Cassie about sleeping with Cyrus considering that not only did she steal him from her own niece after weeks of shamelessly screwing him all over town behind Marina's back, but less than five minutes after she got busted she basically demanded that Marina forgive her immediately because she was "in wub" and "didn't mean to hurt her". Yeah right. She also demanded that Gus forgive her right away when he found out that she screwed Mallet after fantasizing about doing it for months. It's all fine and dandy when she betrays people, lies to them, humiliates them, cheats on them, breaks their hearts, and/or abandons them and she must always be forgiven immediately but if anyone has the unmitigated gall to breathe the wrong way in her direction, they're cut off for life. She's so damn hypocritical it makes me sick.

This can't possibly be much of a surprise either. Cyrus professed his love for Marina a million times but less than three months after risking his life to save her, he was schtumping her own selfish, backstabbing aunt in the backseat of a car in the parking lot of a building that they both knew Marina was in for goodness sake! But Harley won't see any of that. No, she loves nothing more than playing the aggrieved victim and she played it to the hilt today. Getting up on her trusty old high horse and condemning Cyrus and Cassie to hell as if she herself hasn't done far worse things to several people, including her own family.

BE is a good actress but I am so glad that the character of Harley is gone. I'm happy to be rid of the enormous amount of airtime she sucks up from everybody else, rid of the suffocating and obsessive adoration for this character from every other character no matter how despicable her actions are, rid of the nauseating justifications constantly given for her selfish behavior, and rid of her unbearably whiny and self-righteous I'm-The-Biggest-Victim-In-The-History-Of-The-World routine.

Please don't recast, GL. BE was the only good thing about Harley. A recast would be more painful than the Cassie recast has been.

• Members

I have to disagree with you there, Nicole Forester has truly made the role her own. She's brought layers to the role that Laura Wright would never have been able to achieve. Sure, the character's done a complete 180, but losing Tammy really put her over the edge...Cassie's unhinged and trying to hide it, while her attempt at playing the perfect reverend's wife is starting to come away at the seams. Cassie is one big train wreck and there's nothing loveable about her at all, yet something in Forester's performance has me wanting to keep watching Cassie.

However, a Harley recast would be disastrous. Wheeler has spent years putting Harley at the forefront of every storyline, making her the face of the show (and putting her in the place that should belong to Kim Zimmer), so to recast the role would be disastrous and would make the last few years utterly pointless. However, if Cynthia Preston was available, I could give it a chance.

• Members

Gotta be honest I thought Ehlers extremely weak in her performance today, as if she didn't care anymore and hammed the scenes up. Oh well I don't blame her and the story of Harley leaving town in the first place simply to harbor Rafe is truely idiotic. Pity Harley's exit had be over the phone like that though, not only did it seems insulting and disgraceful, but a nice punching Cassie in the face would have been fun to see!

Archived