GL: June discussion

• Members

I am angry.

How much of this scummy Grady am I going to have to endure? GL has a legacy of so many characters that could be on my screen right now, and yet what I get is All Grady All the Time.

I am angry.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've gotten much better with the camera. It's not shaky and it seems like they've stopped doing all of the crazy shots (just because they could). I'm sure they've gotten better a while ago, but since the last time I've watched GL, it's a noticeable improvement.

Kudos.

• Members

Wow. :o Don't kill me folks, but I'm actually being positive about yesterdays show. It was just ... really good to watch and that's something that I'm not use to. And it's something that I don't say too often. Sure, I thought the Reva/Cassie scenes were stupid when Reva was carrying baby clothes in a bag for Ava and Cassie thought Reva (this is what I'm assuming) was expecting a baby. Hello? We've seen Reva jump through paintings and we've seen psychic Reva! But don't forget we've seen menopause Reva too!

But honestly, I thought the outdoor scenes looked great. It was good to see other characters talking to each other instead of the same people over and over. It was nice and refreshing to see Billy (who I think I haven't seen in quite awhile) and Lillian was on! The music was nice to listen to! Daisy slapped the crap out of Grady! I liked the Cyrus/Grady scenes. Daniel Cosgrove was awesome! Marcy Rylan is making Lizzie Spaulding her own as always!

What the hell is wrong with me? I must ... go back ... to the darkside! No ... I've just noticed a different improvement and it just wasn't with the shaky cameras, but the dialogue seemed different too. :huh:

• Members

I just watched and ur right it wasn't bad at all. I still have minor problems with the lighting. And the camerawork is still a little messy (camera will randomly shake). And they really need tripods for the far shots. I also wish the shots would have better framing and composition. But the outdoor scenes are looking really good. Kim, Marcy, and Nicole look marvelous outdoors. However I HATE most of the music. This mediocre pop rock stuff aint working for me.

I liked most of the interactions too. And I was relieved that there was some semblance of an actual storyline. Loved Bill and Lizzie, Billy and Bill, and Lizzie and Lillian.

• Members

OMG, that scene was hilarious! Cassie was screaming about "getting him" but all she was doing was running her fingers through Grady's hair. It was ridiculous. If you can't stage a decent fight scene, just don't even bother, okay.

My biggest problem with the show has nothing to do with the technical stuff, which despite the tiny sets, has improved. There are enough decent characters and good actors left to do some nice stuff with but they're just missing the boat with everybody and it's not that new characters are bad. They're not. It's all in how they're written and integrated that matter. They can't take over the show, be shoved in the viewers faces everyday, they have to be a part of a bigger story with more important characters being in the forefront.

For example, Cyrus and G aren't the problem. G was fine as a temporary stock villain in the Jammy story but to bring him back to try and recreate Jonathan/Jammy just because he kinda looks like Pelphrey is ridiculous. Cyrus was a good character when he first came on the show. He had a purpose, a personality, and was interacting with a broad array of vital characters like Alan, Alex, Dinah, Mallet, Vanessa, Matt, Buzz, Frank, and Marina. They could've expanded that even more by having him go to work at Spaulding and taking it seriously, maybe eventually forming an alliance with Olivia and/or Blake to usurp the Spauldings. Instead, over the course of a few short months, they ruined all of his relationships, friendships, and acquaintances with everyone in order to turn him into a horny idiot and stuck him with Harley just to give her a warm body to do while Gus was busy and now she's gone and he's stuck in a tiny corner of the canvas with her brat Daisy and Grady, a disgusting, pointless, and repulsive character who should've stayed in the darkest prison cell Australia had to offer. What was the point of any of that?

Why are Mallet and Marina a couple? Luckily, their relationship has been almost entirely offscreen, so we don't have to suffer the inevitable nausea that would result from seeing them go at it but still. Why? With Harley gone, Cyrus is free and he's the only person that MB's Marina has truly matched up well with.

Is Dinah CEO of Spaulding or the host of a talkshow on WSPR? She shouldn't have time for both especially since Spaulding is apparently making so little profit that she can only afford to eat her meals on a card table in the Spaulding study, the only room they can afford to ever use in the whole house.

The Reva movie thing is stupid and going nowhere.

What the heck is with Olivia and why is she still acting so pathetic? Or is that the requirement to be a female character on this show?

There just doesn't seem to be any plan for anything or anybody, at least not one that makes any sense.

• Members

Alright my peoples. What's with Olivia at the end of today's show?!? Is she supposed to be pregnant with Gus' baby???? WTF???? That's what my sis and I took from that scene. I certainly hope that that ISN'T the case. She and Gus never slept together, did they? I don't remember seeing that......

IA that the camera work has gotten better. The lighting seems a little improved as well, IMO.

Cassie is a whore and needs to leave SF now with Cyrus. That would be a step in the right direction.

• Members

Oh Lord. I saw that, too, P.J. -- and if I could find a "head-shaking" emoticon, I'd use it.

You know, when the actors and crew on KNOTS LANDING received their copies of the latest script halfway through the 13th season - a season which was abysmal by all accounts - and discovered the new writers had written scenes centered around the "joys of carpooling" (tm Ann Marcus), they decided enough was enough; and eventually, creator/EP David Jacobs was forced to shut down production for several weeks and completely rework the rest of that season.

Too bad nobody can do the same for GL.

• Members

Seriously, we need one of those.

What's really sad is that I'm sure the actors could write better than this crap. That Buzz/Reva scene was the funniest thing I've seen in forever. But JHC, all Dinah does every time she's on is obsess over something. Today it was Bill's wedding, one day it was Mallet, one day it's building a miniature golf course. My GOD, it leaves me dumbfounded.

• Members

The actors need to seriously think about locking Ellie and Davie in the bathroom and just improvising everything. It would have to be better than this pap.

And I still don't understand why they're taping long shots from behind fences and stuff. Do they want us to feel like peeping-toms/stalkers?

Archived