Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Everything has come out with the Delia/Barry/Faith accident - even Maeve shunned Delia, and in fact, recoiled in horror when Delia tried to touch her. I don't get how the show is ever going to make it believable that Delia stays on the show. She tried to murder someone in cold blood. That's something from which there is no turning back. I'm surprised that the writers took it that far. And I'll be interested to see what they do to try to make me care about that character ever again. How could any of those people continue to have a relationship with her?  Oh, I know she still owns the bar but still.....I'm really just completely perplexed by the entire storyline.

• Members

@amybrickwallace       Well, since I can't stand IK's acting, I think the story wouldn't have annoyed me as much because I'd just hate Delia. I also don't know if the writers would have changed the character of Delia and had her grow the way they did under Randall.  What bothers me the most is the regression of the character. But it goes beyond regression. Delia never tried to physically harm anyone other than herself, which makes sense to me. Maeve just said a line "She's not vindictive or cruel. She's needy and she's selfish."  However, running down someone with your car IS vindictive and cruel. That goes WAY beyond needy and selfish. Roger has mentioned that Delia has regressed into needing the love of the Ryan family again. Ok....fine.  But running down another human being in cold blood takes everything to an entirely other level. One that I can't just write off and say "Oh, that crazy Delia. She's always doing something."  SHE TRIED TO KILL SOMEONE!!!   

I can see that I am just not going to be able to get past this. But Randall leaves soon anyway, doesn't she? I know IK comes back at some point. At this point, I just want her back so I can ignore the character again.

• Members

Randall left in 1982, but I don't know when in 1982. Ilene reprised Delia from 1982-83, when she was fired for weight gain (!!!). Robin Mattson took over the role in 1984, but only stayed for a few months. Delia then left town and resurfaced in 1986 with Ilene once again, and Ilene stayed until the series finale in 1989.

• Members

She always had a knack for taking a role someone else had originated and making it her own. GH's Heather, Gina and AMC's Janet were all played by other people first. Why that same magic didn't happen with Delia, I have no idea. To my thinking, Ilene IS Delia (to take nothing away from Randall).

Edited by amybrickwallace