• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Both chose to leave

Seneca and Kimberly had the creepy factor during the original run and then I found it even worse during the SOAPnet era when I heard Kelli Maroney's 

claim that she lied about her age to get the role and was only 13 at the time (and making Kelli 14 when Kim's relationship with Seneca began)

• Members

WHAT?!  LOL I'm watching Ryan's Hope right now for the first time. There is no way Kelli Maroney was 13 when she got cast on the show. She is in NO WAY that young. Who was she trying to fool? Sounds like an actress trying to retroactively make herself younger. I get it - I've worked in the entertainment industry for 25 years - the ageism is insane, especially for women. But, come 'on. 13???????  I cannot stop laughing at that!

• Members

IMDB - which is one of the only places I know that tends to have actual ages (I've known several actresses of a certain age who have complained to me that IMDB has their age wrong and did I know how to change that on there?) - anyway, IMDB lists her birth as 1960 which would make MUCH more sense. I mean, just watch her first episode of Ryan's Hope - that is not a 13 year old girl. That is a 17-18 year old girl.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0549526/

The whole "I lied about my age to the Ryan's Hope producers to get the part - I was 13" smacks of "I ran away from home and went to NYC at 13" which a personal actress friend of mine has been known to say on occasion when her age is mentioned. 

Edited by adrnyc

• Members

Kelli main beef was with IMDb-- back then she was trying to get them to change the date.

People on the SOAPnet  message board didn't buy it, either.  There were a couple of posters who said they attended the same high school as Kelli and she was definitely older.

There was a Kelli fan who created another RH message forum and had contact with Kelli -- and he insisted he had seen her birth certificate and that she was younger.

This is just one of many interviews at the time where Kelli brought it up- 

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/20447757.html

This is from 2008

Caps: You and Catherine Mary Stewart were both in your mid-20s when playing teenagers in "Night Of The Comet". You had me convinced that the both of you were teenagers. A lot of 80s movies were like that (adult actors as younger characters). It's continuing to this day, but I find today's actors less believable than those in the 80s. Do you think that 80s actors were better at pulling off these roles, or do you feel that today's actors are doing as good a job as many of you did back in the 80s?

Kelli: I don't have any idea how old Cathy was, but you must be getting your information from the IMDb. They have me five years older than I am on there.

Edited by safe

• Members

Randall Edwards (Delia #3) at a 30th anniversary celebration for the Broadway musical she starred in called Legs Diamond  --on December 3rd

In this video from the event - Randall is singing at approx. 5:48

Please register in order to view this content