Beverly Hills, 90210 Discussion Thread

• Members

Both Heather and Tori has been going down this road for a long time. Tori, of course, could never deal with daddy not being around to pay for her career. Heather... there's been rumours way before it became public that she's a mess, the difference is that she's always managed to keep it professional on set. Aaron even said as much in one of his interviews that "she's a bad girl". In Heathers case I think everyone is kind of thrown off her scent because of how nice she seems in real life when she's not drunk.

And yes, Randy's a life coach, seems to be living well off his $800k and a modest life style. Candy even commented in an interview that she was only allowed to give one gift to his children, which seemed like torture for a woman who used to have a gift wrapping room.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Halfway through Season 4. What a phenomenal season it is so far. Not a single bad story. Very pleasantly surprised with Andrea's late 'bloom' and unexpected pregnancy. I never felt the show was giving her something good enough to do, and this against-type story has worked wonders and evolved perfectly.

David's drug addiction has also been much better than I thought it would. It may not be over yet, but I loved how they had David's almost-arrest scare him straight. 

I didn't know Clare showed up this early.

Spelling has really improved. And Brenda, ironically, is more interesting than ever.

And Brandon/Kelly? Hmmm. They're setting it up very well so far.

I hope this continues. I will be sad to see this season end. This is what I have been waiting for!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Jason Priestly turned 49 today and I saw at least two social media posts suggesting that if one should feel old as they remember him in his youth. 

It struck me that this was really rude for a couple of reasons: (1) as I recall he was in an auto accident and required plastic surgery, so references to his appearance seem uncivil, (2) there are men and women who made a living off of their looks and it seems unnecessarily cruel to point out their age as if they no longer have a thing of value to the culture, (3) Jason Priestly could still probably get it any time he wanted, (4) he's a human being, not a thing by which we tell time.

It plays into my overall concern with celebrity culture that it dehumanizes people into memes rather than recognizing our similarities.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Really loved Season 4. Even if it lost a little steam towards the end, it was definitely their best season yet. I cannot think of a single plotline I didn't like or enjoy. I even thought I'd hate Kelly/Brandon, but their chemistry so far makes it work. Sadly, Brenda had developed into the show's most complex, intriguing character and now we've lost her. That hurt, but it has been fun watching Valerie's first two episodes.

• Members

I agree, season four was great. I had such a crush on Dylan back then. While Doherty annoyed me, losing Brenda really did affect the show in a major way. The show did not pretend or aspire to be great art, but it was good, solid, well-done popular entertainment.

Please register in order to view this content

Heaven help me, I even bought the 90210 dolls! I wonder if they would be worth anything today?

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

You wouldn't have a man with a body like that on a cover today. People would bitch about him not being roided out, or about his having a hairy chest, or whatever else. Everyone has to look exactly the same now - usually, like boring twinks, or dead-eyed ab machines like the hacks on Riverdale.

• Members

That's kind of why I liked Dylan. He was gorgeous, IMHO, but still looked like an actual, possible human being...not the plastic cut-outs we so often see today.

I'd love to revisit the original series, but I stupidly got rid of all my original VHS tapes to buy the DVDs, not knowing that the commercial release would be unwatchable, thanks to the episodes being butchered beyond belief and almost all the music changed to abrasive muzak.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I know this post was from last year

Please register in order to view this content

but season 4 is one of my absolute favorite seasons. It was pretty perfect.

Although I never liked Andrea being pregnant. I thought it all went downhill later. Oh well. It just seemed like "we have nothing to do with her so oh well, make her pregnant" lol

Incredibly sad. I feel for their families (and fans, as I was a fan of both of them). It was a rough week. I felt bad for Ian having to deal with two co-stars close to him passing within days of each other. I always enjoyed seeing Jed Allan on 90210, it was my first exposure to Jed and I just loved him (and I loved him in everything else he did, just great and I think sometimes underrated)

With this news last week

Sad to say but I agree with Carl. Perry's look was of it's time and wouldn't fly in the world of Beibers and Shawn Mendes and chiseled instagram models.

He was different and in a very good way. I will miss him a lot.