The Best Movie Of All Time

JackPeyton

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I liked Goodfellas also but nobody acting wise in Goodfellas can touch the cast of Godfather with Al pacino, Marlon Brando, Diane Keaton, James Caan, etc. I based my choices on the acting, movie, and awards. Godfather won best picture and Marlon Brando won for best actor. In Gone with the wind, Viven Leigh won for best actress, hattie McDaniel won best supporting actress, and the movie won best picture; as well as 5 other oscars. It was a damn shame that clark Gable didn't win for best actor.

I like LOTR: Return of the King, but when you look at their cast and acting compared to Godfather and Gone with the wind I'm sorry but both of those movies kick their butts. :lol:

• Members

Well I really like GWTW, I'm one of the few African americans that like the movie. Some AA see it as racist but the movie is not suppose to be about race, its suppose to be about the love between rhett and scarlet with a little bit of the war thrown in the middle. Race does play a part in the movie, but considering how AA were treated back in the south, the AA in the movie were treated well in relation to the main characters.imo Hattie McDaniel the first AA to win an oscar is in this movie she won this oscar when race relations in hollywood and the U.S. were probably at its worst, she just so happens to be from wichita,kansas where I'm from and was treated like trash because she was in this movie portraying a slave. Imo she did a good job, and I don't see anything wrong with her part in the movie at all. So to me it was good.

Archived