Port Charles Discussion Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think it was smart to revisit the books on the mothership. I preface this by saying I have never thought much of Ron Carvilati's work. He seems to have good intentions, but that's the way you pave the road to hell. It would have been smarter to just pretend that the books were actual books that Lucy and Kevin had collaborated on after the success of "General Homicide." 

I also was rereading some of the biographies and I forgot how truly bad those last few books got. There was some abandoned (I believe it was abandoned) storyline about the search for Alison's half-sibling that at one point led to Alison and Rafe thinking they were brother and sister. Ugh. Of course, this reminded me that it seemed they were setting up one of the band members, the British girl Reese, as Alison's half-sister before they decided to jump ship on that story. Also, wasn't Amanda Barrington a vampire by the end? 

Also, does anyone remember how far the "Port Charles" rerun of the early years got? When SoapNet launched, they were showing I think 2 episodes in the early morning (7am to 8am at one point). I remember catching some when I was in high school. They aired on a weird schedule though like 2 back to back episodes but only one new episode a day and possibly even repeating the Friday episodes on Monday or something odd like that. From what's online, it appears it was through at least the early General Homicide murders. I cannot imagine it got much farther than that. 

• Members

I guess they felt they needed to address it in *some* way in order to bring those characters back to the show, but yeah, your explanation probably makes a lot more sense. Do we even know for certain if the Kevin who's on GH now actually has a daughter named Livvie, or was that all erased (or "erased" by the magic ring) during Ron's revisit of the PC stories?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...