All: All Time Greatest Mental Breakdowns?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why the hell hasnt Sheila Carter from BB been mentioned?

Another good one was Cassie Carpenter Buchanan from OLTL. She had two ones. The first was when she was married to Andrew and her baby died and the second happened when she was married to Kevin and he cheated. She was good

GH: Kevin Collins

PC: Julie Devlin

• Members

Were any of those to do with the nurse, Barbara? I remember reading about the story. It sounded good on paper with the heroine turning psycho on the psycho but doubtless it wasn't as original as it came across.

• Members

There have been so many!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES:

--Mickey Horton discovers that his brother Bill had raped Mickey's wife, Laura, and was the real father of Mickey's "son", Mike. He goes beserk.

ANOTHER WORLD:

--After waiting literally YEARS to be together with her beloved Steven, a fragile Alice Frame retreats to her house in the country after Steve is carted off to jail. When a vindictive Rachel taunts Alice about taking possession of the house and kicking Alice out, Alice snaps.

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS:

--Introverted concert pianist Leslie Brooks discovers, on the eve of her first major performance, that her scheming sister Lorie has been trying to steal the handsome Brad Elliot away from her. Leslie stumbles on stage, humiliates herself with a botched performance, and runs off, to develop serious signs of a schizophrenic breakdown of the streets of Detroit.

• Members

I totally forgot about Renee Jones's fantastic work during the Baby Switch Storyline. Lexie crashing Zach's christening, Lexie in the padded room, Lexie in a straightjacket, Lexie in jail, Lexie screaming at Bart, Lexie screaming at Hope...those were the DAYS. Renee Jones' best storyline, Lexie should lose it again!

And I'm with Faulkner, I too am dying to see Erica's explostion at the Woman of Year gala "St Maria of Wildwind tending to the sick in her push up bra!" Erica's addiction is my favorite AMC storyline, Susan Lucci nailed it.

• Members

Y&R

• Nina Webster -Suicide attempt
  • Nikki Newman -Joshua Cassein
  • Olivia Winters -The affair
  • Diane Jenkins -Sperm Fiasco
  • Victor Newman -Happy Go Lucky Victor
  • Nick -Cassie's death
  • Phyllis Newman -Faces of the past
  • Tricia Carter -Descent into madness
  • Sheila Carter -Obsession

• Members

It would have been good had Taylor Miller been playing her, but Nina's breakdown during the Zack Grayson murder was comedy gold. I forget if it was Heather Stanford or Barbara Kearns playing her by that time, but it did help to get her off the canvas (and usher Taylor Miller back to AMC in '86!).

Nina was drugged, possibly raped (cannot exactly recall) by Zack while Cliff's sick sister, Linda Warner, took pictures. Between that, and worrying that her mother, Daisy, murdered Zack, Nina went nuts, thought she was 16, and forgot she was married to Cliff. She fell for Benny Sago and tried to off his wife, Donna. Daisy took her away to get help then on a cruise.

Archived