All: All Time Greatest Mental Breakdowns?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One that I will never forget (for all the wrong reasons) was when GH's Heather Webber drank the LSD laced iced tea that she had meant for Diana Taylor to drink. Heather tripped out and began to screech and convulse. The actress playing Heather at the time, Mary O'Brien was a catastrophe! It was embarrassing to watch.

• Members

Not exactly a mental breakdown but the one I remember is Maria and Edmund at the airport on AMC when Maria was fleeing Pine Valley with baby Sam in her arms because Kelsey changed her mind and wanted her baby back. The scenes of Edmund literally prying that baby out of her arms while she begged him not to take her child away (and her subsequent blood-curdling scream of anguish) STILL sends chills down my spine. Eva La Rue should've won an Emmy for those scenes alone, she was magnificent!

• Members

Sunset Beach's Virginia Harrison. She flipped out big time, once all her crazy schemes were exposed. Her slipping out of that straight jacket was mighty creepy.

Didn't B&B's Brooke Logan have an emotional breakdown in the early nineties? She was clutching her children's toy or something, hiding out. I can't recall if she was committed though. KKL did an awesome job. She's very overlooked as an actress, IMO.

Days' Lexie was locked up in a padded room, after whacking out at Zack's baptism. Whatever your opinions are of the baby switch, it definitely allowed Reene Jones to showcase her talents.

• Members

I never got that girl at all. I mean, she was so uninteresting to me and then she turned all saintly I think back when she had cancer or something. I was kind of cheering for Tory Granger back when was doing her crap with Ross and Blake but I knew where the writers were taking her character. So, it was a good brief ride, but she was no Annie Dutton bless her heart.

Does anyone remember Nurse Ali on DAYS? Now that girl tripped me out! :lol:

Archived