Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

In his book, Jed Allan talks about Paul Rauch hiring an young  actress to play against CC. Jed says she was there for 3 months and made his life a living hell. He said she was an angry woman who upset the cast and crew.

WHen he asked her why she took on the role, she replied that she was just killing time until something better came along. He mentioned she was living with a nice guy, a well known actor at that time.

They were glad to see the back of her and he says it was only the second time in his career he's had to deal with someone like that.

Who was that actress?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m pretty sure it was Wanda De Jesus (Santana). Jed was very vocal about how horrible she was to work with. If the Dobsons would have been allowed to bring back Gina Gallego like they wanted to this could have been avoided and Santana may have lasted until the final episode. 

• Members

She was there for about 9 to 10 months... and she was involved with Jimmy Smits.

I will say that Santana did get a good exit where she decided to start over in a new city and on the flight out of Santa Barbara ends up being hit on by a good looking guy.. and she laughs/smiles as she looks out the plane window saying good bye to her past and hello to her future.

• Members

I am pretty sure Jed Allen did not keep a excel file of exactly how long the actors stayed on Santa Barbara so it is understandable if he was off by a few months.

Here is a link to an interview with Michael Brained.

http://pierin26santabarbara.blogspot.com/2012/06/exclusive-and-unusual-interview-with.html

In his autobiography Jed Allan said that he literally hated Wanda DeJesus (Santana), and in fact she did not seems to have an easy temperament. In your opinion, what makes her so unbearable? Do you have any anecdotes?

Wanda is a terrific flirt. On the surface she seemed serious, but that was only with the work. Like most good actors, you want to get things right...according to what you think is right. Certainly what you think is right will sometimes clash with what other actors will think is right, no? Wanda and I had a great working relationship, when she and Jed were bickering I would stay out of it. I could always get her to laugh, though. We were always having fun.