Does Agnes Nixon have an Interest in AMC or OLTL?

• Members

I found a list of production companies that the WGA are striking against (http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2537) and one of them happened to be called Agnes Nixon & Associates. First off I never knew Nixon had a production company. But it leads me to wonder, does Nixon have any form of ownership (like 10% or even less) of either OLTL and AMC or does ABC own them outright 100%.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She has a company called Dramatic Creations, which owned AMC and OLTL in 70s until she sold them to ABC. Agnes Nixon & Associates currently has a stake in the international distribution of AMC. Agnes collects some of the profit AMC generates airing overseas.

• Members

I think it's Slowenia and/or Croatia - SON user Manny once talked about this. To my knowledge does AMC air nowehere else in Europe and the Middle East alongside those countries isn't exactly a cash cow. I'd say Dixon earns close to nothing via international distrubution except maybe a Xmas Card. ;)

I remember that AMC failed miserably in France not too long ago and got cancelled after three, I repeat THREE, episodes. Interstingly enough its title was "La Force du Destin"...

International success is often uncalculable. B&B got HUGE overseas long before it gained major momentan in the US via the Spectras and Sheila. It was long before a major hit in Italy and Greece due to the audience's affection for Joanna Johnson which apparently gained megastar fandom in those countries, followed by KKL who along other B&B'ers is even hired for commercials of all kind. Just last year Ronn Moss did a commercial in Australia which shows his star status down under.

However, and going back to the topic of this thread, I think Nixon made quite a fortune with her company with her biggest ffailure, LOVING, which aired for its entire run in France and Turkey with pretty large fanfare as I once read.

One would think that Disney via Buena Vista would push its soaps a little bit and just include it into his package deals with foreign networks to gain some additional cents but they are just too dumb or lazy. B)

• Members

Just for the record the soaps airing in the UK currently are Y&R, B&B, GL and DOOL. All of which are on fairly low rated cable channels. AMC and OLTL are the only two of the current batch that have never aired over here on any channel to the best of my knowledge. Even when ABC tried their luck with a cable net over here (mostly taken up with Disney owned shows like 8 Simple Rules/Ellen/Less than Perfect), the only soap they attempted to run was GH and that ended up being pulled due to some backstage politics. Sunset Beach and to a lesser extent B&B and Santa Barbara are the only shows to gain popularity over here.

If ABC or Dramatic Creations were smart they would have pushed The City on to a UK audience. It had decent production values, a relatively well known name in Morgan Fairchild and most importantly it was only 30 minutes which tends to be the limit for sustained viewership outside the US.

Archived