We The Undersigned Hate LML and DO NOT Want Her Rehired

• Members

There have been conflicting reports regarding LML and Y&R. As everyone likely knows I HATE the plot driven bitch. Thus, I have drafted this list of signatures just in case someone at CBS/Sony/Bell happened to check this board and could pass it along. The show has improved 300% since LML left due to the WGA strike. Griffith and Arena Bell have done a lot of good for this show and I can only hope that this continues.

Therefore, I will be the first of the undersigned to beg whoever might read this, PLEASE DON'T REHIRE LML!

DaytimeFan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alot of us were sold on that hack early on, she had the influence and checks and balances though of the long time close knit Y&R staff. Once she started dismantling that staff and bringing in her people, including her own son and husband for god sakes, the show lost so much steam so fast and it just lost any shades of its former self. Y&R sunk down to the same level as the rest of daytime....

• Members

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I find the show a crashing bore these days. I think the show is in holding pattern until the strike is over, until either Latham returns or they get a permanent writing staff, and they've been trying to cover up the lack of story movement with as much filler as they can (Kay's flashbacks, singing auditions, beauty contests, etc). All shows have been doing this to an extent. The slow pace must remind a lot of fans of the Y&R of old, but the stories and characters are much weaker than most of what Bill Bell used to write. At least with Latham, the show moved at such a fast clip at times, that the show's weaknesses weren't as apparent. JMO!

• Members

I disagree. The Victor/Nikki divorce wrap up is some of the best writing not only Y&R has seen, but this GENRE has seen in years. Totally had me glued to the screen the entire month of January.

And the slow pace is exactly what Bill Bell and Y&R was always about and one of the many reasons Lynn Marie Latham failed so miserably here. Her reinvention of Y&R's story formula did not work what so ever. She tried to write Y&R as if it was an ABC show.....

That's exactly where I think she'll end up too, most likely on AMC :(

• Members

I heard they Marina crap was the last storyline of hers and they wrapped that up last week.

They may have been her outlines but the fi-core/scab team has completely made them watchable with sounder dialouge, tapping into the rich history once again and just instilling a newfound sense of hope on the show off and on camera. The actors seem to be rejuvenated as well.

• Members

I knew she was rainbow hack when she was getting rid of people who knew the way of Y&R. Then she start firing talented actress to bring CK & Nunu Colleen who both doesn't fit the part they was hired for. Then kept lying about what viewers wanted. Then she made Dru crazy. Dru might be crazy but she never became disturbing crazy. She waterdown Phylis to fit her in a romance with Nick. She doesn't do romance. She made these woman who once was strong weak that they need a man in their life. She didn't want to write for the whole casts but a select few.

Archived