DAYS: January 15, 2008

• Members

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What a good ass episode!

This is what good soap is baby!

Woohoo. I'll be back with more comments later.

All I can say is I kept smiling during the John/Marlena scenes :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok....

1. If it hasn't been said before, I'll say it now.

Only Nixon could go to China......

And only Joe Mascolo can play Stefano DiMera. Only he can turn kidnapping John, erasing his memory once again, and keeping him prisoner into calling himslef a saint!

2. Josh Taylor with the line of the day......

"I don't want to look at his face any longer. Get him outta here before I strangle him."

and JM.......

"It isn't over........not by any STRETCH of the imagination. No, Bo Brady......this is merely........the beginning."

This show is on fire. It does still have its faults, but this is truly the best this show has been in years. Every other soap better look out.....

The REAL Days Of Our Lives is here, and as The Phoenix says......

"It's good to be back!"

• Members

Really good episode.

John/Marlena were great. The Bo, Hope, Roman and Stefano scenes were very good. Stefano was scaring me and making me laugh (in a good way) - such a sociopath and once again a great villain. I got the sense the characters aren't as stupid as they were last time I watched the show on a regular basis. That's very nice.

The only scenes I didn't really care for were with Chelsea and Patch and Kayla's daughter. That's playing like a bad horror movie (not even a horror movie, but a mock of one), at this point.

Watching today I felt like DAYS was actually a soap opera I could get back into, I never thought I'd feel that way again. I'll keep on watching to see if they can keep this up.

• Members

Very good episode. I hated to see it end!

I loved the focus on Stefano's chess set and am excited to see what kind of game he's setting up...he certainly didn't seem at all concerned that John was discovered so I think it's all part of his plan. The Marlena/John scenes were wonderful. He seems so blank and innocent and yet he seems to instinctively trust Marlena.

Only one complaint--please get some makeup on Hope!

• Members

Fantastic show today yet again.

The J&M scenes were gold. Dee knocked it out of the ballpark and I love the nod to history to the handshake in 1986 at Shenanigans. That was wonderfully played and I like how Bo got attacked by John for being a cop. Loved snarky Stefano and his cigar :lol:. "I have no peers." :lol: He had quite a few one liners today and his scenes with Roman were quite fun. As I said, this was all too easy. It's all part of the plan for Stefano. It's clear this is John's mission beginning now. Stefano's line to Bo about this only being the beginning gave me chills. I also jumped a bit when Rolf jabbed John with the needle. This story just rocks and it's like I am going back in time.

I love Crystal and Rob too. Both actors are playing the roles well. You don't what their intentions are and that makes a good mystery. Kudos to Days for how they are portraying this kidnapping. It's scary and Martha and the little girl playing Claire are rocking this. The family one was chilling and so was the line Crystal had about Brady being gone. Wonder what that is about. The Chloe/Shawn scenes rocked too. This quad is just amazing and I enjoyed how Sami and Philip interacted again and how they were in scenes with Hope, Chloe, and Shawn as well. Seeing so many characters crossing paths is just so enjoyable. The tension between Shawn and Philip yet them coming together to find Belle and Claire, Sami telling Philip she knows he cares about Claire, Hope asking the detective what has been done...the little things. I just love them. Perfect.

The detective did look like RKK. He was on during EJ's shooting too. I like him. I like how realistic things are. Also, I hated it last week but thinking about it more, I like that KA is wearing no makeup. It adds to the realism given all that is happening. It shows how much Hope cares that she didn't take the time to stop for makeup.

The Chelsea/Stephanie scenes were good. I agree that Rachel played it well with how subtle she was. I like how she is taking Nick's advice and trying to fix the mistakes made. It shows growth. Stephanie/Max was ok but nothing much there. I like how supportive he is and I love how Days is handling the rape. Stephanie should slowly tell everyone and should not give a damn about Ford. Shelley played it beautifully IMO. She was controlled and tried to hold back but eventually just let it all out. Her scenes with Ford's father were impressive as well. I like him too. He plays the right emotions and really fits the role,. How quick he went from angry to begging for answers to where the body was...impressive work. I really enjoy this story and love the tension of Chelsea taking action and Stephanie against it.

Overall, wonderful show and tomorrow looks fantastic as well.

• Members

Great episode... it ended too soon. That music during the J&M scenes almost choked me up again. The Chelsea/Stephanie stuff is okay, but I can't see it going anywhere but drawn-out and headache-inducing. Fortunately, the rest of the show was exciting and gripping.

Archived