DAYS- E.Davidson for Pinson and Koslow?

• Members

Ok, so I was thinking about DAYS, and how the show is coming together, and I still think that DAYS made a huge mistake not getting Elieen Davidson back when they had the chance; Kristin could rock so many parts of the show; her connection to Stefano and Marlena, maybe she was the one who killed John; EJ was her "son." And DAYS needs a kick ass villianess. So, assuming that B&B would let her out of her contract, and DAYS needed the salary to afford you, would you be willing to lose Julie Pinson and Lauren Koslow for Davidson? Kate and Billie are long running characters, but can they have the same story impact as Kristin? Who would you rather have; Kristin, or Kate and Billie?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LK can go. I love her to death, but, if all the show is going to do is have her in the endless crap with Sami and messing in her childrens' lives, Kate might as well either leave town or be killed off. This is so past broing, IMO.

But, keep JP. There is some great story potential for Billie, and they just have to start using her. She's my favorite Billie, and can act her tail off, so I would keep her.

Now, if they can afford ED on that, cool. But, leave all the other characters she played out of it for the time being. I think that was one of the reasons why she left Days in the first place.

• Members

No I definitely would NOT be willing to lose the wonderful Lauren Koslow and Julie Pinson for the equally wonderful Eileen Davidson. Nope! If Eileen ever returns to DAYS, I hope she puts it in her contract that she'll only play Kristen Blake and maybe Susan and that's it. Eileen left because she got tired of playing so many roles and I quit watching DAYS back at that time for the same reason, it's way overboard after she was playing more than Kristen & Susan and especially when she was playing 5 characters at once.

• Members

I really miss Davidson on DAYS, she rocked the show when she was on and the show has been missing something since she left (although I loved her exit storyline!)

Pinson I wouldn't mind, nice girl, good actress but Billie has lost her edge, I'm a fan of angry, cracked out, cosmetics mogul Billie...Robo Cop Billie has never interested me.

Koslow...oh that's a tough one. I adore Lauren as a person and as an actress. The problem with DAYS is that Lauren is better than her material, always has been when I think of it. If Kate Roberts was given something more than being a bitch and a manipulator and meddling with her children and Sami then I'd be crushed if she left. However, if LK could go back to B&B in her signature role of Margo Lynley who was an honest to goodness diva/tramp/all 'round cow...then I'd be all for it.

• Members

Part of the reason Eileen left Days was because of the taping schedule. When she returned to Y&R, she only had 5 hour days and she helped create her own schedule there. B&B is the easiest soap for an actor, since they only tape 4 days a week and for not that many hours. She also mentioned something about Days not being taken seriously by those from within the industry. Of course, she was also burnt out by playing 5 different characters and vowed to never play that many characters again. Seeing as she signed a 3 years contract on B&B and Bradley doesn't look like he'll get rid of her, I don't see her going anywhere soon, but you never know.

• Members

Assuming that Davidson would leave B&B, I can only imagine her coming back with a pretty big salary, and the salaries of Pinson and Koslow would be equal hers I think. And really, if I suggested Davidson, for like Josh Taylor, it wouldn't have been much of a contest! haha

• Members

No. Pinson is great and has so much potential and is much cheaper I would imagine.

Koslow has been so loyal and has always risen above the trash material she often gets. She has so much story potential too.

I love ED and would be happy to have her but I feel her story potential is limited. She was good in the 90's but we have seen so much of the 90's revisited and end up flopping. Plus, John is gone and what is she supposed to do? Marlena and her have nothing to even fight over. If she returned, she needs to leave all the other characters but Kristen and then maybe play Susan in flashbacks. That's it.

I see far more story potential for Billie and Kate but I guess with Lexie gone they can use her as the Dimera vixen. I just can't see much there for her to play out but I could be wrong.

Archived