OLTL: Can I just say that....

• Members

The lead in is very important and I'm sure AMC flopping has a big part in sinking ABCD, in addition to Higley's horrible writing. Earlier this year LML had Y&R sinking in the ratings and when Y&R would have an awful day (like those 3.7's), the other CBS soaps hit record lows. The lead in's (Y&R/AMC) should be the network's main focus. If they flop, the other shows are going to suffer.

I do think there are problems with Ron's OLTL, but I'm enjoying it. I can't wait to see how things will be once the show is 100% in Llanview. Right now I'm bored with just about everything in Llanview. I still think the teens need a revamp, Sarah is too lightweight for Cord and Tina's daughter and of course Cole and Marty need instant exits.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm afraid you didn't touch a nerve. But OLTL isn't the show they're considering making "shuffle off to Buffalo." And everything else on ABC Daytime sucks, so of course it's affected by that. Kendall and JR wandering around the woods makes me watch B&B, which is infinitely more entertaining even though every character repeats the same lines to drive the storylines six times an episode.

As for problems with OLTL's cast, every day I don't see John, Marty, Vincent, Adriana, Cole, Rex (who has been ruined), or any remaining Williamsons that have not been gassed to death is a red letter day for me. Meanwhile, R.J. gets their screentime. Go for it, R.J.

• Members

Wow, someone is REALLY pissed with their own failing show..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I ABSOLUTELY agree! The show is FINALLY showcasing signs of classic soap. No plot-driven stunts. No lightening pace. So much humor. Great acting. The problem is that those so-called soap fans (who are used to storylines involving explosions, car accidents, poisoning, snakes, earthquakes, plane crashes, amnesia, etc--and ALL in a year or two! :D) can't really fathom a soap which is character driven, is written in a more realistic way, has a slower pace. So they drop it. LET THEM DO IT. OLTL will soon find its audience.

Car crashes and stuff like that have their place. But AMC has had TWO car accidents in the space of 4-5 months for God's sake! Talking about resulting to stunts to keep the audience (which has already left).

OLTL is the only good soap on ABC right now, and possibly the second best soap on air.

• Members

Although it's frowned upon over here these days to question the greatness of OLTL and it's new head writer, it's not a good show right now and the lead in argument does not hold water. GH bounces back very well and it follows both AMC and OLTL, two stinker shows.

People not watching the show made that decision because it's boring. Those of you still watching, good for you. I guess I'll be insulted by the moderator on this thread now.

• Members

That's how I feel. It would be better ratings wise if its lead-in show was stronger.

But who would ever think the red-headed stepchild of ABCD could improve upon AMC's ratings. I believe that alone is a testament to OLTL's strengths.

• Members

That's good to here. There is so much good stuff on OLTL right now. Just look at how many of the vets we have been seeing lately. And Viki and Charlie are too cute....walking one another home, the drive in, roller skating, it's simple and sweet. I love Alex and David, and look forward to seeing Addie again soon.

Glad to see someone shares my enthusiasm. :)

Archived