OLTL: Can I just say that....

• Members

The show has been amazing lately! I forgot how good a soap could actually be until today. Okay nothing really special happened today on the show, no big events, no emotional death scenes, but I've got to say that even without all that stuff OLTL has been hitting all the right notes. Today was the first time in ages when I was able to tune in and actually enjoy each and every single character that was on today. Keep up the good work OLTL. :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, Todd has been much better the past few weeks. I have been enjoying the Todd and Blair converstions on this road trip. He's showing concern for all the kids and I like the slow reconnection of T&B.

I like the show now.

• Members

I think DH had the audience so fragmented and angry that some people would leave whatever the next writer did. RC is slowly trying to rebuild some innocent humor and rootability into the canvas, almost a 180 from DH's garish style. The rebuilding is unbearably slow to those used to the sweeps stunts -- a pie bake off? Viki and Charlie's first date? the slow Antonio/Talia dance? Especially when these quiet stories are contrasted against the Black and White ball slaughterfest.

There are problems - failed characters and couples still need to be ended, as well as stories. Exactly HOW long will the hunt for baby Tommy go on? Folks sick of McBain aren't exactly going to tune in for the new Marty manhunt. There is some semblance of humorous payoff, but no satisfaction with those endings. (was there a way to end Spencer's murder totally cohesively? Lindsay in St. Anne's feels dead-endish to me)

• Members

LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason.

I watched OLTL yesterday and really enjoyed it. By the 15 minute mark, I stopped switching between it and ATWT and just stayed on OLTL the whole time. I'm not so sure about the storylines because I don't follow the show religiously, but I liked the scenes I saw yesterday. Really good stuff. David and Dorian are fricken hot together.

• Members

Wow, where did that come from?

There's alot of reasons why OLTL isn't seeing much success in the ratings at the moment. One being the fact that it's practically the only soap on ABC that is truly good right now. (GH is entertaining, but that's all it has going for it) I hate to repeat this, but if ratings reflected quality we'd see 180 on the ratings, with some of the most watched soaps on the bottom. This isn't new, this has happened before in the past with not only OLTL, but other soaps.

BTW: I think Todd did show some compassion to Marcie when he asked her to share custody with him shortly before the trial. However Marcie coldly turned him down.

• Members

I find all the characters on OLTL to be one note and it's quite frustrating. Some have even regressed to the point of un-believability. Texas has been one insane bore starring the Buchanans to Marcie on the run to Vicki and her romance with her ridiculous newbie tag alongs. OLTL has so much potential on the brink of greatness and yet it's never quite achieved. I agree that it's much better than it was six months ago under Higley but quite frankly it's only marginal.

The show is a huge dissapointment.

• Members

Where did it come from? People say the show is so good, then ratings should be reflecting that and they're not. I can ONLY draw the conclusion that alot of people think the show is as boring as I do.

LMAO OLTL would be right behind it 2.0 is nothing to brag about :lol: :lol: :lol:

Touche, did I touch a nerve? LMFAO

Archived