B&B goes online at CBS.com

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol, Go Brad Bell!

I'm so glad all of the CBS soaps are online now. I can actually get back into B&B now. This is one source of revenue that ABC and NBC isn't tapping into. The occasional ads inbetween scenes may be small, but it's money that goes back into the show. You would think that even though there is a SOAPnet (which contrary to what ABC believes....not EVERYONE can have access to it), ABC would be getting into this market.

Looks like they're beat once again by CBS.

• Members

If I miss ATWT I definitely watch it online. I used to with Y&R as well, but I'm less likely to now. The convenience has also caused me to check out GL a few times. I wish it were easier to FF, but usually the stream can't keep up with me, so it freezes up and I have to start an episode from the beginning. :rolleyes: I'm glad B&B is finally in the fold too. It's high time that Nielsen found a way to tabulate views from this medium too. It can't be that hard, since the music industry acknowledges airplay plus retail and internet sales. The cold hard numbers might illuminate what these strikes are all about.

• Members

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thank you CBS.

Pay Brad what he deserves and what he is owed honey! Pay him!

Now I'll be able to keep up with my soap!

Thank you God, thank you CBS!

(Okay, that was the fangurl coming out of me, but still!)

• Members

Now you better join our praise fest aka. weekly discussions again. B&B is so fantastic these days so that this move comes at the right time... ;)

Another question: any females watch their episodes online? It might be beyond prejudicial but I'd assume that men are more likely to watch online than woman? Any truth to that?

• Members

Is it even possible this is the same boring "teen" Belle we spend so many years hating and wanting to be gone? I was so tired with her and Shawn during their spring island adventure and now she is actually more entertaining than her "bad" sister Sami. MM looks absolutely fabulous lately and really starts to remind me Marlena. She has the same glow and a feel of exclusiveness. Poor, poor Shawn because THIS Belle really doesn´t look like she could be happy with just some ordinary guy or a highschool sweetheart.

And MM plays the affair so well. You can se how much she enjoys it. The way she refuses Phillip and at the same time gives him all those inviting looks and smiles, the way she manages to lie Shawn and even get his sympathy. I know any feelings Belle has for Phillip is a totall rewrite and I know some Shelle fans think this affair destroyed Belle because she is now selfish, ungratefull bitch, but I don´t care. The chemistry between MM/JKJ is burning through the screen and I want more.

As of the rest of the show. I loved the way they revealed what happened with Roman through the flashback. Very clever, because at the same time we discovered there was a fourth shooter. And Bo in a cop mode is always delightfull to watch. Plus Stefano, who seems to again forget he should be dying. The way he grabbed Kate, very scary.

I think this could be very good sweeps.

• Members

Nope!

When I've wanted to check out another soap again (ATWT for example), I've started online with an epiosde as a "sneaky preview." OR, if I've had to go out of the country on "bidness" *insert Sonny Corinthos voice here* then I catch up on B&B and some others from sneaky illegal sources MWAHAHAHAHA.

Interestingly, once I get back to the US, I am all about TiVOing the show again. Same with ATWT, I saw an eppy or two online and then set them up to record off the TV. I guess my fingers were just itching to use my remote (and, at times, the FF button).

They DEFINITELY should include online and DVR ratings in the overall total for soaps. But something tells my the big networks and studios would rather see soaps outright CANCELLED before they admit that more people watch soaps online or outside the 12.30-4pm bloc. :(:(:(

• Members

Wow. That takes nerve, considering all the advertising revenue they get from people watching the episodes online is EXACTLY the number one reason the writers (and probably the directors and actors when their contracts are up in 2008) are striking.

It's great for the fans, but a slap in the face to those on the picket line now.

Archived