DAYS: DEIDRE HALL INTERVIEW

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please let Marlena kill Stefano. Please let Marlena kill Stefano. Please let Marlena kill Stefano.

If I say it enough, will it happen? Marlena's earned the right to kill Stefano in cold blood if she so pleases (she wouldn't, it'd always be driven by something, but she's earned it anyhow). I want Stefano to say to her that if she marries him, he'll keep EJ and Sami apart and end the vendetta. Her as his wife IS all he's wanted (well, that and a child by her, but not gonna happen).

I just love her, and classy interviews like this is why. See how she manages to say everything she wants to say without being unprofessional or rude? That's a pro, my friends, a true pro. She does her job AND manages to say what she wants to say. And it's the truth. If she was on an ABC or CBS soap, she'd be a shoe in IMO. She has the material, and IMO, that Emmy is hers in a fair Daytime world, but it's not a fair daytime world, and so she doesn't worry about it. She doesn't care because it's a waste of time. Love her.

• Members

What a great interview! It is sad that the Emmy's are that way but she doesn't seem to concerned about it. Pretty soon CBS will take home every award because they have the most shows and people voting.

I am excited that the Dimera/vendetta storyline is finally going to shift focus back on the rivalry between Marlena and Stefano. I think it was a mistake that the show didn't do this to begin with. I am hoping that they will start giving her better material and stronger role on the show. Maybe the ratings will start to go up too!!

• Members

Awesome interview.

Her comments about the emmys are so right on. Now those people who always try to justify the process in some ways at emmy time can shutup. I think Dee will reconsider and submit her name. The cast and crew will probably push her for it to garner the show attention if she should get the nod. I hope she will still submit. She has the best show, other then Rachel Melvin and Blake Berris who can easily break in to the younger categories since the choices are pretty limited.

Love the Marlena/Stefano stuff. I had a feeling that was going to be the story. I actually think Marlena's story started today really at the wedding.

• Members

I still have very little faith in Hogan giving Marlena a story. If it took this long, you know he doesn't give a damn about the character and was forced to write for her. It's not like she is just returning to the show, she's been available since he arrived. John too! I'm sure she'll have some nice moments here and there, but I'm not hopeful in the long term.

As the end nears, I hope DAYS fans really campaign to get Hall hired on another soap. A return to Y&R would be great for her, even with that hack LML writing the show.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 8 2007, 03:59 PM)
I still have very little faith in Hogan giving Marlena a story. If it took this long, you know he doesn't give a damn about the character and was forced to write for her. It's not like she is just returning to the show, she's been available since he arrived. John too! I'm sure she'll have some nice moments here and there, but I'm not hopeful in the long term.

As the end nears, I hope DAYS fans really campaign to get Hall hired on another soap. A return to Y&R would be great for her, even with that hack LML writing the show.

Hogan liked Marlena. He mentioned that in his plans and kept going on and on about making her independent and a strong woman again. He wanted to get away from the crap JER put her through. I think he hated the character of John due to his 50 identities and that he felt John brought her down. He gave them both some great stuff to play and, you can look at earlier this summer when the feud story began. Hogan was using Marlena quite a bit early on then John. I think John was supposed to die when shot by EJ but it was changed, forcing Hogan to concoct the coma/dream story which fizzled because Corday ordered the backburnering of the vets.

I feel you are still comparing the Hogan of ATWT to the Hogan of Days. There are similarities for sure because I saw him work at both shows. However, he does seem to give a damn about the vets. I mean, he salvaged Tony's character after years of destruction. I think the one vet he didn't care for was John and I can really see his point on that.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 8 2007, 09:59 PM)

Oh mai gawt, and to be paired with Peter Bergman again!

wotl1993x21ja3.jpg

Archived