ITZ: Soap Columnist Marlena De Lacroix Returns

• Members

gallery_12_15_33878.jpg

New ITZ Logo courtesy d_alias

Popular soap columnist, formerly of SOW, Marlena De Lacroix returns as a guest for our show. Marlena previously appeared on the October 3rd edition of ITZ, but due to scheduling and time constraints, we weren't able to have as much time as we wanted. She was kind enough to agree to come back on the show at a later date. Unlike last time, the entire show (mainly the first hour) has been blocked off just for her.

There were many questions that weren't able to be addressed last time, but this time we will!

We know that everyone can't call in, but if you have any questions that you'd like us to ask or topics you want addressed, you can respond to this thread or e-mail us at the address below.

You can find Marlena's blog at: http://blogs.mediavillage.com/savoring_soaps/

Some of the questions asked but weren't able to be answered last time were:

We hope you all will tune in!

SHOW: 10PM/EST - 11:30PM/EST

Call-In: 347-996-5978

BlogTalkPage: In the Zone

Myspace: Official In The Zone Myspace

AIM: IntheZoneRadio

E-Mail:[email protected]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here are my questions:

1. How do you think the writers strike will affect the soaps?

2. What is your opinion on ATWT?

3. On DOOL who do you think was a better head writer, JER or Hogan?

4. If the writers strike does affect soaps do you think it will be the end of them?

• Members

I'm hoping to be able to call in with my questions, but if I'm not, here are a few:

How do you feel about the "passing of the torch" that writers tend to use as their excuse to write for the younger characters? Do you think that it is necessary for older characters to become a supporting crutch to the younger characters in order to beef up their character?

I don't know if Marlena is a DAYS fan, but if she is, is she more of a LUMI fan, or an EJAMI fan? And what is her take on the Lucas/Sami/EJ triangle, and how does she think it could have been written better?

Who is your favorite daytime soap opera head writer of all time?

• Members

Actually Marlena did answer my question last time, but her answer sure surprised me. I do have a couple more to add, though.

If P&G has begun money saving initiatives, why is ATWT using new sets and hiring more actors?

Who and or what should be credited with ATWT's spike in ratings?

• Members

I have a few:

1.) Do you feel that Hogan can be blamed for everything that has happened with Days during his tenure? How much did the NBC statement, budget cuts, Corday, and cast cuts hinder his stories and writing in your view?

2.) Do you think Days can survive past 2009? Where do you think it could go?

3.) Do you think Days has improved and what is your feeling on the current stories, especially John's death?

4.) Do you feel Days's vet-laden cast is hurting the show as far as what stories can be done that are new and original ? Might Hogan or any other HW feel boxed in by the fanbases of the show at times?

5.) Are you still a Passions fan and, if so, what is your feeling on the direction the show has taken during it's run and it's current stories?

• Members

Marlena:

Do you follow the shows writers? If so, what do you think about the changes being made to OLTL's team. Friends of Dena, Mark Christopher and Victor Giallanella have left the show and since been replaced with former EP Gary Tomlin, Jeanne Marie Ford, and Anna Teresa Cascio. Yesterday OLTL was written by a Veronica Sunbridge who doesnt exist to man. There was speculation that this could be K..O..L..A !Boof! under an alias name. Are you familiar with K O L A and do you think she would be an asset to OLTL?

• Members

My main question would be:

Marlena, do you think there is any possible way for All My Children to even remotely come close to representing what is was back in the day and get a shade of its true identity back? Is the once critical darling of the soap world too far gone?

• Members

First, I want to thank Marlena for answering my question the last time she was on. I do have a few questions.

1. What kind of story would you give the vets of ATWT? Ie......Lisa, Kim, Bob and Susan.

2. Now that they are a supposed couple. Where would you go with Luke and Noah?....what story would you give them next?

3. In your opinion which soap is the best right now and which one is the worst?

• Members

I have a couple questions:

Where do you see soaps six months from now? A year from now? Five years from now?

Will this hand held filming of the P&G soaps help the shows stay on the air or speed up cancellation?

Have soap magazines gotten better or worst with their reporting on the industry, is there enough criticism or do they need to do more>

• Members

Out of all her years of watching soaps, what would Marlena say is her favorite decade?

Why does she think the same writers and producers are recycled from show to show, yet new aspirating writers and producers don't seem to be given a chance in this industry?

Who is Marlena's favorite soap opera Executive Producer and which EP is her fav at the moment?

Archived