ITZ: Soap Columnist Marlena De Lacroix Returns

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great show! I think Marlena needs to return for a third show, say next month or so. ;)

Time to speculate on what she said! I think the writer that called her pissed, after a bad review, was McTavish.

I think it's also safe to say she hates Corday

I also gather Marlena's not too fond of JFP (but who is?) - "OLTL has always been a wonderfully produced show, well, expect for the time Jill was producing it." :lol:

• Members

I just did listen to it....I have a life outside the forum and cannot make appointments for a guest to talk about soaps.

I happen to agree with a lot of what she said and that if Ryan were to get killed off, he would just have to be brought back since he is central to the show. Maybe just have him leave town and start a new life? Who knows but she has a point with the whole back from the dead plot for characters who still have unfinished business

• Members

Okay listening to it right now and am at the part about my question ;)

I understand where she is coming from about how Ryan is very central to the show and what not...so killing him would mean they would more than likely have to bring him back since so many parts of AMC are centralized around him. That is where AMC has a problem. They keep putting so much emphasis on his character and do not realize he is not well liked on the show. I am glad she does not mind Cameron because I do not hate on him..just the character

She is right about AMC being a shell in its former self and how it may never recapture its identity. I guess right now I am enjoying it but there is a lot that need to be done and B&E are taking a while to get to improving this show since McTavish.

IMO ABC lost gold when they refused to hire Kay Alden for AMC

*Now I am on to the part about the magazines reporting on the industry....well that's a no brainer. They have gotten WORSE! To me, they keep blaming the deterioration of ratings on OJ Simpson and housewives going back to work and not have time for the soap. The problem lies in how the writers and producers and everyone else produce a show...and it has gone downhill.

Archived