HUGE Passions news

• Members

DIRECTV Soap Opera Passions Attempts To Set A New

World Record For 'Largest Halloween Gathering'

Passions Fans and General Public Invited to Join Harmony's Resident Witch "Tabitha" (Juliet Mills) To Celebrate Her 300th Birthday and Attempt World Record at Universal CityWalk Saturday, Oct. 20

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The outrageous soap opera Passions will celebrate its move from NBC to DIRECTV's original entertainment channel, The 101, by attempting to establish a Guinness World Record™ for the "Largest Halloween Gathering" in honor of resident head witch Tabitha's 300th birthday. The event will be held on Saturday, Oct. 20 at the famed Universal CityWalk at Universal Studios Hollywood from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Joining Tabitha will be her apprentice witch-in-training, Kay (Heidi Mueller), who will emcee the event along with some of her fellow cast members. Fans of the show and the general public are encouraged to attend the event, dressed in traditional Halloween garb, to help the cast attempt to set a new world record.

The Emmy-Award winning Mills, who has portrayed "Tabitha" during the soap opera's entire nine-year run, will attend the family-friendly event in character and cast her magical spell over participating fans. Her bewitching character will celebrate her 300th birthday, in her current body. Passions cast members will also be on hand, and in costume, to sign autographs for all attendees.

"We want to thank all our fans for making the move with us to DIRECTV--and what better way than to invite them to an event that makes them feel a part of the show," said Lisa de Cazotte, executive producer of Passions. "Fans, future fans and anyone who wants to be part of this world record attempt are welcome to come down to Universal CityWalk and take part in this momentous occasion."

Guinness World Record™ guidelines requires participants to dress in traditional costumes, such as witches, ghosts, monsters, Dracula and Frankenstein. Those who choose to attend the event dressed as a witch will be entered into a raffle to win an on-set lunch with the cast of Passions. Full Halloween attire is also required during a 15-minute record setting attempt at approximately 3:45 p.m. in order to qualify for participation. Masks and inappropriate costumes are prohibited. Participants can receive the entire list of rules and regulations by visiting www.nbc.com/Passions. The first 500 people that show up in their Halloween attire will also receive a trick-or-treat gift bag at the conclusion of the event.

Passions explores the lives, loves and losses of four core families in the small New England town of Harmony: the Cranes, the Lopez-Fitzgeralds, the Bennetts and the Russells, each of whom have their own distinct and diverse personalities. The series debuted on NBC in 1999 and has routinely been amongst the top daytime programs for women ages 18-34, and currently is tied for #1 among all daytime dramas in both women ages 18-24 and females 12-24. Passions airs on The 101 Monday-Thursday at 2:00 p.m. ET with encore presentations at 7 p.m. ET and marathons every Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. ET. The show is produced by Universal Media Studios in association with Outpost Farms Productions, Inc.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DirecTV is definitely doing a better job than NBC at promoting it. They are totally in support of the show. I'm happy about this while at the same time feeling a bit disappointed. Does anyone else find the show to be not as good as it should be or as expected to be? Like someone else posted on another board, Harmony seems very lonely and de-populated right now because of the mass exodus of characters, and I agree! Now we're left to see even more of the same characters being shoved down our throats on a daily basis. The stories should be a little more exciting and I'm hoping this is an adjustment period. I'm very tired of Theresa/Ethan/Gwen by the way!

• Members

Wow. That's great. I do have DirecTV and watch Passions occassionally and it does seem that DirecTV is doing a good job at promoting Passions. A hell of a lot better than NBC that's for sure. Thanks for posting this! :)

• Members

Haha, I was planning to the Universal Studio's Halloween thing that day, so I might have to pop in and check this out. ;) All my friends used to watch Passions, so they'd get a kick out of it too. :) Tabby is 300, huh? She doesn't look a day over 200. LOL

• Members

Your right about that but that isn't even the biggest factor. Just as many of us feared, the pace has gone back to what it was. The mags are acknowledging this too. The show was amazing this summer because things were happening everyday. It's pretty clear that was designed to get people to move over with the show. It isn't bad but, while some stories are moving at a good pace (Sheridan/Luis/Fancy, Fox's murder, etc), others are going around in circles when they have been doing that for years (T/E/G). Pilar's secret is a nice story but tying it to Theresa's story is wrong because fans are already sick of that go round since they have done nothing with it since the move so it lessens the story's pull.

The show also has cut down on sets and that makes things less interesting too. Passions almost feels like a half hour show in an hour long format with horrible pace to me now.

Archived