Why Do People Love/Hate [Insert Writer/Actor/Director/Producer]?

• Members

Why Do People Love/Hate [insert Writer/Actor/Director/Producer]

Daytimers that incite "strong emotions" both good & bad

Daytime's Most Hated/Despised

Brian Frons, Lynn Marie Latham, Scott Hamner, Jean Passanante, Leah Laiman, Stephen Wyman, Drake Hogestyn, Robert Guza Jr., Megan McTavish, Annamarie Kostura, Kamar de los Reyes, Michael Easton, Adrienne Frantz, Bradley Bell, James Harmon Brown, Courtney Bugler, Natalia Livingston, Steve Burton, Ellen Weston, Maurice Benard, Laura Wright , David Kreizman, Barbara Esensten, Christopher Goutman, Ellen Wheeler, Ronn Moss, Bernard Lechowick, Elizabeth Korte, Kirsten Storms, Juile Hanan Carruthers, Stephen Black, Ken Corday, Dena Higley, Melissa Archer, Frank Valentini, Jill Farren Phelps, Henry Stern, Mark Christopher, John Valente, James E. Reilly, Colin Egglesfield, Aiden Turner, Charles Pratt Jr., James Lipton

Daytime's Most Loved

Frances Reid

Kay Alden

Edward J. Scott

Gloria Monty

Susan Lucci

Anthony Geary

Jane Elliot

Michael Zaslow

Frances Heflin

Wendy Riche

Susan Seaforth Hayes

Helen Gallagher

Michael E. Knight

General Hospital's Nurses' Ball

Genie Francis

Ruth Warrick

Victoria Rowell

Beverlee McKinsey

Rosemary Prinz

Julia Barr

Eileen Davidson

Douglas Marland

Jeanne Cooper

Claire Labine

Finola Hughes

David Canary

Deirde Hall

William J. Bell

Erika Slezak

Vanessa Marcil

Maureen Garrett

Lynn Herring

Anna Lee

Hillary B. Smith

Robin Strasser

Patrick Mulcahey

Heather Tom

Melody Thomas Scott

Peter Bergman

Amber Tamblyn

Agnes Nixon

Susan Flannery

Irna Phillips

Jacklyn Zeman

Bridget Dosbon

Jess Walton

Beth Ehlers

Gordon Russell

Laurence Caso

Allen Porter

Cady McClain

John Ingle

Nancy Lee Grahn

Lorraine Broderick

Harding Lemay

Maura West

Colleen Zenk Pinter

Martha Bryne

Felicia Minei Behr

Jerome Dobson

Darlene Conley

Daytime's Most Liked

Nancy Curlee

Terry Lester

Pat Falken Smith

Denise Alexander

Stuart Damon

Billy Warlock

Michelle Stafford

Paul Avila Mayer

Tristan Rogers

David Shaughnessy

Gail Kobe

Jill Larson

Robin Mattson

Sheri Anderson

Christie Clark

Pamela Long

Melissa Reeves

William Ludel

Kale Browne

Joseph Mascolo

Robin Christopher

Sarah Brown

Louise Sorel

Sally Sussman Morina

Linda Dano

Peter Reckell

Maeve Kinkead

Kristina Wagner

Paula Cwikly

Eleanor Labine

Kristoff St. John

Kristian Alfonso

Jensen Buchanan

Darnell Williams

Camryn Grimes

Debbi Morgan

Wally Kurth

Anna Stuart

Emily McLaughlin

Trent Jones

Carolyn Culliton

Janice Ferri Esser

Beth Milstein

Josh Griffith

Leslie Charleson

Kim Zimmer

Rachel Ames

Robert Newman

Kathryn Foster

Mary Sue Price

Richard Culliton

Natalie Minardi Slater

Michele Val Jean

Daytime's Most Disliked

Barbara Bloom

John F. Smith

Hogan Sheffer

Raul Rauch

John Conboy

Hunt Block

Christel Khalil

Phideaux Xavier

Lauralee Bell

Melissa Gallo

Christopher Whitesell

Amanda L. Beall

Brandon Buddy

Sabine Singh

Ambyr Childers

Most Divisive Daytime Character Ever: Sheila Carter

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have an enormously high digust (pretty close to hate, IMO) for Brian Frons. During his reign of terror, he has obiliterated the vets and compensated them with cheap newbies. If that weren't enough, he thinks he can "train" the audience to like the crap he propels onto our screens.

On the opposite end of the scale, I just adore Robin Christopher. I still wish that she would return to AMC. There is no desire for me to watch GH, since Guza chooses not to write for her character. She could act circles around NL and KM, but yet no story in sight.

• Members

I hate Brian Frons because he has repeatedly insulted the intelligence of the daytime audience and because he is an ageist, sexist pig who has backburned the entire ABC Daytime veteran cast. I hate LML because she has taken a plot driven wrecking ball to my precious Y&R, decimating daytime's finest serial in less than a year and because she doesn't seem to give a damn anymore.

I love Kay Alden because she took loving care of Y&R after William J Bell retired as HW in 1998 and because she called 'Port Charles' under LML "unwatchable". Additionally, she laughed at a reference to 'The Idiots In Charge' affirming the fan communities belief that executives don't understand the genre in which they work.

I like Linda Dano because under all the glitz and style is a compassionate, funny, darling woman who has dealt with her life, weight, facelift, depression, career in as honest a manner as anyone could.

I dislike Barbara Bloom because she hasn't fired LML yet. Get on it Barbara!

• Members

Maybe because she didn't deserve it...and if people call her a b1tch, it is also the truth. I've spoken to her online before and she just didn't seem to be invested in the conversation...SSW she was also nasty as well.

VM is the most overrated soap actress ever and I for one would not welcome her back to GH....but then again, we already have her on GH with Sam

• Members

I won't deny her popularity and the fact that she is ratings gold for GH, no one, not even Genie Francis was able to give GH the boost Marcil did in 2002-2003.

However, she is a rather mediocre actress, and when you consider she was up against women like Robin Christopher and Cady McClain that year (both who had better reels imo), her win just seems weird.

• Members

More like ALL of the actresses nominated had a better reel than her...and she was only on for four months whereas the rest worked the entire year. Robin Christopher or Rebecca Budig should have won that year

But I did agree in her acceptance speech when she said, "You can't be a great man if you are not a great father." Very true

I like her on Las Vegas a lot better but GH's Brenda did nothing for me

• Members

To be fair, it was Frons fault that Francis couldn't lift GH in the ratings to much healthier levels. Frons could have agreed to a 10 week story (30 eps) instead of one month. Poor, Francis. People blamed her for the short stint in 2006. When, not if, Marcil returns, will she bring along the same type of ratings increase she brought in 2003? I don't think so. why? Frons.

That's why GH needs her- she's immensely watchable, has star quality. I predict Marcil return to GH in 2008.

• Members

Just another reason why I love Michele Val Jean (Is this woman amazing or what?): “Actors bring specificity to characters and I’m a big believer in watching what they do and using it. They’re the ones who wear that skin every day, so what they contribute is valuable.” (Soap Opera Digest, October 24, 2006)

MVJ watches every episode of GH. Can that be said for half of daytime's writers? The ones who do watch, only view about half a dozen episodes a month. Why is MVJ head writing GH alongside her friend, Robert Guza Jr.? Does JFP and/or Frons have something against her?

Archived