Why Do People Love/Hate [Insert Writer/Actor/Director/Producer]?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

William J. Bell: "I’ve got a terrific team [at Y&R]– a core of people who’ve worked together for many years now. We’re a well-oiled machine. Granted, I don’t do much of the actual writing on Y&R. I’ll occasionally dictate a few key lines for a scene and I’m always very involved with the story. It’ll be somewhat different on THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL. I’m doing detailed outlines for each episode and the writers take it from there." (SOD, June 2, 1987)

You're as strong as your weakest link. During 1986 and 1994, WJB depended a lot on his Y&R crew members. Being the HW & EP for 10 episodes per week is a daunting task, and one person certainly cannot do it alone. The biggest problem I have with WJB is that his team didn't (and still doesn't) receive the proper credit they richly deserved b/c without them (Alden, Ferri Esser, Freiwald, Jones, Scott etc), Y&R would be nothing. People got caught up in the fact that WJB co-created Y&R. For the record: I do not hate nor do I dislike WJB. Daytime was, and always will be a team effort. And that's why LML needs a stronger team helping her out.

• Members

I would like to propose another category: most ridiculed. My first two nominees: Ronn Moss and Drake Hogestyn. Whenever a newbie comes on a soap, you have to cut them some slack, as they learn their craft. But these two have been at it for over 20 years and haven't learned a damn thing about acting. They are just as wooden (Moss) and over-the-top (Hogestyn) as they were two decades ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived