ATWT Discussion: Tuesday September 11

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, respectfully, I think what you expect this story is about (no doubt Carly and Jack just finally ending) is not what this is about at all. If it was, Jack and Carly wouldn't have to keep saying "it's over". There would be no need to fight. There would be no need to have these "moments" where you can clearly see Jack's affected by Carly's proximity. Or see Katie's insecurities flaring everytime Jack is "forced" to spend time alone with Carly. Or see how Katie is finally starting to rely on Brad's friendship.

And since my opinion is based on watching Carjack from the beginning (and in the era were soap hacks do nothing but recycle story), you're damn right I expect nothing but minor variations on the Julia stories. If you wish to base your expectations entirely on what is said by the characters on the show, that's your preogative.

• Members

I've been a fan of ATWT since way back when Lisa was the resident harpie ( the word slut wasn't used much back then). I've been a fan of Carly's since she first sauntered into JokeDale and took up the resident harpie/slut mantel. I do not like the way she is being written now. She has lost all of her fire. I thought TIIC had given that fire to Parker (when Carly was gone) but they seemed to have blown that opportunity. Jackass the G-Man is still a jerk IMO so I don't care if CarJack ever re-unites ( sorry CarJack fans).

As for Nuke, I find their story predictable and therefore boring. Luke is his mother's son, and he plays his " I'm entitled " cards very well. However for me that is not enough. Unless TIIC ages Nuke to twenty something I can't imagine their s/l going anywhere. I don't think it's ( their s/l ) going to go to the places their fans would like to see.

• Members

No, that isn't what I think at all really.

I think Jack and Carly have way too much history to ever truly end. However, I don't really expect to see them involved with each other romantically ever again. It would just serve no purpose to put them back together now knowing two years from now they'll be breaking up all over again. Carly and Jack may love each other, but for one reason or the other, they just can't make their relationship work. At some point, they're going to have to stop trying to make it work. I think that point is now.

Taking all that into account, I really think the purpose of the current storyline is to redefine their relationship entirely. When all is said and done, I think Jack and Carly will be less than lovers, but more than just the parents of three children. They'll be friends. I think the storyline from there will be how they deal with it, how their children deal with it and how their SO deal with it as well.

It will be a significant change for them, but it's one I think would allow them to still be heavily involved in each others lives without all the baggage that comes along with a romantic relationship. IMO, Carly and Jack can't be nothing to each other, but their differences prevent them from being everything to each other. I think making them friends would finally put them on middle ground.

• Members

I love the Nuke s/l, but I'm also loving almost the whole show. I think it's better now than it has been in several years. My only complaint about it is Willen. When did they make them so boring, and why can't Jen Landon and Marie Wilson speak up so we can hear them?

• Members

Soap couples are established to be broken up. Period. Jack/Carly, Jack/Katie, Katie/Brad. If they're not being broken up, the writers aren't interested in them. It is the way of the soap world. If TIIC just wanted Jack and Carly "to be friends", they had that all set in place last fall/winter when Carly left. Ultimately, the story is about love. That some love, no matter how tested, survives anything. While others, that look good on paper and "make sense", never have a chance.

• Members

I watch for the other stories. I ff thru all the "teen" stuff. I find, Luke, Maddie, Gwen, Will, etc. boring. I really don't care about the so called problems of these kiddies.

I watch for the adults. My favs are Henry, Vienna, Paul, & Rosanna.

Archived