ATWT Discussion: Tuesday September 11

• Members

It really all depends on how the story plays out in all honesty.

Regardless of what's going on with Carly, she's going to get Jack's attention, whether she fakes anything or not. Fact still remains is that Brad, and not Jack, will be in the picture. Another fact is that while Brad is helping Carly her illness, his attentions won't be on Katie; and as Carly said today, Katie could be the cause of her own wedding possibly not happening. The reason why I say that is because Katie can't stand the fact that anyone gives Carly the time of day; heaven forbid that Brad direct his attentions on her (Carly) and not salivate over Katie like a fool.

Speaking of that. It's funny how when Brad is pining all over Katie, she's all heated and agitated and going round and round telling Brad she's all for her relationship with Jack; how it's a mature, grown up relationship. But the minute that Brad's not thinking about her and has his attention Carly or someone else, she's all "Why isn't he paying attention to me?" This is how they have written Katie....as being one that can't stand someone else getting any bit of attention other than her.

Also, how are they going to write Katie once the truth about Carly does come out? Are they going to write her as this woman that suddenly becomes the 'selfless' one and tells Jack to be with Carly for 'the childrens sake'? Or are they going to have her run her mouth about how Carly is faking everything, only for Brad to slap her in the face with the truth that she's not. Either way it goes, the writers are going to write Katie as a wench regardless.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I am going to tape the show tomorrow I don't think I can stand to watch it live, all tomorrow show looked like replace Paul/Craig/Meg/Rosanna, with the EVEN more boring Gwen/Will/Sofie/Cole/Aaron.

As for Paul/Rosanna/Meg/Craig, IMO Cady just needs to walk away from the show already I really feel for her it is obvious that this whole storyline is about that whore Meg.

Here is a show I want to see just once in a great while even, a show with Lily, Dusty, Holden, Tom, Margo, Luke, Noah, Maddie, Barbara, Lucinda. With no Gwen, Will, Katie, Carly, Jack, Meg, Paul, Rosanna, Craig, Iris, Aaron, Cole, Sofie. Heck I would take a one show that is minus Katie, Meg, Gwen, Just one dang show, ah, never happen.

• Members

And WTF? was it with the buying of dresses at the lakeview room?...Huh? Is ATWT that bad financially that they dont have a set for it? That made the scene less intense. At first I thought it was Fashions...but who am I kidding. That set is long gone. Shame on Chris Goutman. And I am so sick of seeing that outside set...I forget what the hell it is called. What happened to Lilys and Lucinda's houses????? Where is Hal's house? Who did he leave that house to???

• Members

I don't care how bad it is I'm missing ATWT. Not having CBS is horrible. I can watch it on InnerTube if my computer supports it (do mac's support InnerTube?) I tried watching OLTL I really did but I can't get into that show like I did when I was a teenager. Strange, i think JFP's era is better than what is on now.

• Members

The outside part is called OldTown or IMO BoreTown. I agree with what you said about the dress scene there was what you said, plus just all the dumb dialogue in those scenes. The place not taking credit cards :huh: Katie with over 100 dollars in her purse on the bottom of it :huh: I almost think the writing might be somewhat better if the characters were in the right sets.

I think you are right though the show is broke, and it is just becoming more obvious how broke they are, if the latest ratings keep on going the way they are I don't even want to think of what it will look like soon.

• Members

Great post.

Personally Katie has every right to be a bitch to Carly. If someone were so obviously throwing themselves at your engaged I thnk most of you would be more than a little put off. Katie has been tolerant of Carly's crap for a long time. Granted Katie is NOT perfect. Katie was a slut just a few months ago and granted she was a conniving bitch in just the last year. However shes changed (which I don't see why thats so hard to understand). I think she'll believe Carly at first but have some suspicious. Eventually she arrive at the truth (either thru Brad or by herself) and then comes the crucial moment...

Will she tell Jack or not tell Jack. The classic, predictable, soap opera convention tells us (or at least me) that she won't...not because shes a horrible person now but because she truly loves Jack. Or maybe even cuz Carly asks her NOT to tell Jack. Either way though I think the guilt will eat away at her and she'll break Jack's heart on the wedding day. On the other hand if the writers are truly trying to make Katie into a changed person for the better than I think she'll tell him immediately.

• Members

Well, I can tell you that out of that list you will only get the following:

Lily/Holden/Dusty, Luke/Noah/Maddie. with a WHOLE LOT of Gwen/Will/Alison, Paul/Rosanna/Craig/Meg, and of course Carly/Jack/Katie/Brad.

The only time we will see Barbara is when she's in a scene either with Will/Gwen or with Paul... and the same goes for Margo..You have to see either one of them in the grouping that you DON'T want to see.....

• Members

Carly's not going to have to "fake" anything. The plot will FIN-A-FRIGGIN'-LY get around to the ginormous elephant in the story, which is "will Jack admit what he feels for Carly, after months of blaming her for "leaving him"?" That's what this is all about---can Jack man up when he thinks the woman is dying (yet again), and say "I still love you, Carly" ? And once he says it, can he still settle (for lack of a better word) for the safe, supposedly peaceful life he's planned with Katie?

Katie has no right to be a bitch to anyone. She's the one who started this little war in the first place, last fall by going after Carly. Carly doesn't owe Katie a damn thing, not "tolerating" her in her kids' lives, not "playing fair" when it comes to Jack---NOTHING. Yet, for the most part, Carly's been straightforward with that bitch, not pretending to be friends or that "all's forgiven and forgotten." If Carly rained down hellfire and brimstone on Katie's ass, it still wouldn't "even" the score. Carly's the one who's shown amazing restraint, considering the circumstances.

I'm not watching for Nuke, and I know that's unpopular opinion here. There are times I like Luke, like Noah...but it's not that often that I even care about the scenes, unless the writing makes a point, and grabs me. I hate to say it, but they remind me of Aaron/Lucy. *ducks* That being said, I'd rather watch them than Willen's baby woes.

• Members

Everything. Although some things do interest me more than others I truly do find the show enjoyable for the most part. Its just too bad that most people in this thread don't feel the same way. It seems like day after the day the same stuff is said over and over again.

And oh yeah I already mentioned all the horrible things Katie did to Carly and Simon last year. Yes they were wrong. Yes Carly had every right to get back at her. But of course she showed restraint. Thats what someone who destroys her family by running away like that (although I think she had good reason to and wasn't upset by it) would do. Sorry but she has/had no right to get an attitude with Katie over last fall. She broke the law (even though to me the crime wasn't that serious) and she got caught because of Katie. She can be mad all she wants but I don't see where she has any excuse to attack Katie.

And then more recently shes magically fallen back in love with Jack. Has done everything short of getting him drunk and raping him...and Kate is supposed to just sit idly by and smile for the camera!? I think not. If the roles were reversed Carly would have reacted a long time ago if Katie were doing all these pathetic things just to be near Jack such as showing up at a cool/ relaxed engagement party dressed like you're going out to a ball.

I like Carly but I'm not gonna say that shes entitled to do whatever she wants when it comes to Jack just because CarJack is the be all end all for some ATWT viewers.

• Members

With respect, I think you're basing your opinion on what will happen on things that have happened in the past. I don't think the story we're being given now is a rehash of the ones we had with the Julia's. IOW, I don't that's what this is about at all.

SweetNYGal - I watch for all the stories, not just Nuke's.

Archived