Kirsten Storms & Sean Kanan busted for DUI

• Members

Here's the article that was on my AT&T homepage:

Kirsten Storms Arrested for DUI

Published: 9/11/07, 6:05 PM EDT

CULVER CITY, Calif. (AP) - Kirsten Storms, who voices the snippy cheerleader Bonnie Rockwaller in the animated Disney TV series "Kim Possible," was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Storms, who also appears in the daytime soap opera "General Hospital," was stopped Friday in this Los Angeles suburb after California Highway Patrol officers said they saw a lit cigarette tossed from her blue Mercedes-Benz CLK500 about 3 a.m.

Officers noticed "the odor of an alcoholic beverage" coming from the car, according to a CHP report on the arrest. Storms, 23, was arrested after failing field sobriety tests, the report said.

She was jailed on the misdemeanor and released several hours later after posting $5,000 bail, authorities said.

A call to a representative for the actress was not immediately returned.

Storms' Rockwaller is the high school social rival to superhero Kim Possible on the long-running Disney series. She also plays Maxie Jones on ABC's "General Hospital" and was Belle Black on NBC's "Days of Our Lives" from 1999 to 2004

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Liason, I have to comment.

She, if drunk, SHOULD have had a DD. (Designated driver, for those no in "the know.")

So there are no excuses. That's the whole point. You go out to got drunk; that's a given. So it stands to reason that you bring a DD.

And if you're drinking THAT much alcohol that you can't even make that choice -- something I don't buy because I've been VERY drunk and made the RIGHT decision to have someone drive me home, a friend -- then you shouldn't be drinking in the first place since you clearly can't hold your liquor AND make rational decisions.

• Members

ITA. She's not a silver spooner and doesn't sound like her driving indicated she'd been drinking. Tossing a cig outta the car is stupid - but granted I don't think any trash should be thrown out of cars (and have pulled over so people go pick up whatever they threw out if they're riding with me). She should get what the regular punishment is; no more and no less. Granted she probably won't get off as easy as the independently wealthy do, but it shouldn't have an impact on her job.

• Members

I agree with you on that, but getting drunk itself is a choice. You can stop yourself before you are so irrational/impaired that you make the decision to drink and drive.

I love Maxie, so I hope she isn't fired. I hope she learns her lesson and doesn't make the same mistake twice.

• Members

Nobody's comparing. I'm just speaking in terms of morals clauses, both pose issues. That was my main damn point. :rolleyes: People feel strongly about people who have posed nude just like they feel strongly about DUI's. Both change people's perceptions of other people. And I also said that I haven't a clue how what an ABC morals clause consists of.

But thank you for the lesson on how posing nude isn't a crime.

• Members

If it were a choice between keeping an actor/actress who took their clothes off BEFORE they joined a show, and some irresponsible idiot who got behind the wheel of a car while under the heavy influence of alchohol, I personaly think that I would choose the former every single time over the latter. It still baffles me that taking your clothes off gets a bigger reaction than driving drunk. It makes me think where people's uptight morals really lay.

IMPO, Kirsten should be gone from GH. And, she should do jail time. If a regular working person got busted for this, they MAY get probabtion the first time, and after that, have the damn book thrown at them. Why this is getting somewhat of a free pass because she's part of a couple on a show is beyond me.

And, I really don't care WHAT show she's a part of. What part she's playing means nothing to me. She broke the law. And, just because she didn't kill anyone else or herself doesn't mean [!@#$%^&*] to me. So it didn't happen.

THIS TIME.

What about next time? There was a baseball player for the Cardinals that was pulled over for drunk driving. He was let off without so much as a ticket, and the cops drove him home. Two weeks later, he plowed into the back of a flatbed truck, killing himself instantly. His family? They spent the time mourning his death by suing the tow truck driver, the police, and the bar he was at for being responsible for his death.

This young lady and others like her in the industry need to be taught a damn lesson, and maybe she'll think about it if she lost her job. Then maybe, just maybe, she will gain the damn maturity necessary to learn from this and grow up, not doing something this stupid again.

But also.......maybe the next time she'll plow into someone, and the outcome will be so much different.

And then.......I wonder what will be said on SON when that happens?

• Members

I can't speak for others of course but if that happened I would support her facing the maximum penalty and going to jail (I assume its automatic that they're going to jail). As for how long I really don't know how what the law states in regards to this but I'm sure whatever it is will be suitable.

Heaven forbid though that she does kill someone. And I don't know what the stats are for that really happening.

• Members

I can't belive you just said that. Seriously. The fact that she DIDN'T kill someone or herself is a miracle. Point is she MADE that decision, and the fact that she did and either didn't know the danger of it or didn't care is worrysome, as it is with every DUI that happens, every single day.

• Members

I don't know why...I just wrote it a few hours ago I believe.

Look you have your feelings on the subject I have mine. If someone got drunk and killed someone I was close to I'd have them punished to the full extent of the law.

However I do think if a person hasn't commited a really heinous crime (such as murder) that it shouldn't be this big news thing (on AOL or anywhere else). I don't think she should lose her job over it and I hope she doesn't.

• Members

Lol where was this three ton truck? As for as I know she was driving a small car.

And until this truck or w/e vehicle you're talking about HITS someone and kills them where exactly is this heinous crime you guys keep accusing me of being blase about?

Its a DUI. IF she hit someone then its manslaughter. But she didn't hit someone. Hence its not that serious. Don't see whats warped about it. You're just intent on making this a huge deal when it really isn't in the grand scheme of things.

Thats all I'm gonna say about it. I never said drinking and driving was a great activity. Nor did I say I want people to get killed. Try to remember that while you're handing your judgements out like God.

If you really think its THAT serious then petition GH or Disney. Or even better go march on Washington to get the punishment for DUI to the death penalty or something. Cuz if they do that then it will actually change something. If they do that then it becomes a serious matter because the punishment would be severe enough to warrant attention.

Archived