How many soaps are you watching now?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The soaps I'm watching right now at this point are mainly B&B and ATWT.Y&R is pretty much hit and miss to me.I cant catch Passions on Directv because I don't have the service anymore.Days,OLTL,GL,AMC,and GH are boring me senseless.I can't even beleive I'm bored by DAYS because 3 years I would have still been loving the show even though JER was still writing the show.Hogan Sheffer impressed me during October 2006 through January 2007 and after that total boredom.Even though JER was slow paced in his writing at least for me the show was very campy and very suspenseful.Maybe when DAYS goes through renewal negotiations again maybe Reilly could be a clincher in the deal again and make Reilly choose between headwriting for Passions or DAYs.I think Reilly's writing got compromised because he was trying to headwrite 2 NBC soaps at the time and had to be more than he could bear and pulling long hours for both shows.Even the worst headwriters can't pull that off,if that made any sense.

• Members

I went from watching 7 of the 9 soaps to watching only 4.

I gave up on Y&R shortly after the Emmy's, dropped ATWT right after, PSNS when it went to DirectTV.

I stopped watching AMC around September, picked it back up again in late October. Stopped watching GH for 6 weeks, and will probably tune out again after sweeps.

Right now DAYS and OLTL are my solid two.

• Members

B&B and Y&R are my regular shows and I loved AW, I'm a Bill Bell addict. DAYS, GH and AMC are occasional shows now as they've become hard to watch. GL, ATWT and OLTL I'll catch once in a while just to see how things are going, how the show looks, what the dialog is like etc.

Archived