GH: From best show to unwatchable

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've always wondered how Guza would do on Y&R? Would he replace his obsession with Sonny for one with ole Victor Newman?

One thing that always irked me is how oblivious Guza seems to how dark his writing is on the show. Does he not know that almost every resident in Port Charles is connected to the mob?

• Members

That's what happens when the whole creative team is screwed. Look who he has as an EP, JFP! Her creative vision is just as dark, misogynistic, and gross as his. At least when Wendy Riche was there (who I miss dearly!), she fought for the show's integrity and often didn't get along with Guza. She forced him to put all the darkness in check and focus on GH as an ensemble. Sadly, with Frons still heading things and JFP still employed, Guza's creative vision isn't being checked because those higher than him share the same outlook.

• Members

GH rocked the hell out of their stories the week of Sept. 10-14/07. LOVED every ep. The actors truly are out of this world. they stepped up their game-the backburned characters truly gave the show some much needed heart & soul. Best scenes? The Quartermaines hands down! Get ready for your Emmy, Jane Eliott. I want to personally thank Michele Val Jean, Mary Sue Price, Susan Wald, Karen Harris & Tracey Thomson for their dedication to great writing & their willingness to entertain me. It seems like GH & DOOL are on a roll. I bet JER is jealous of Sheffer. OLTL? I'm still waiting for Carlivati to show me he's more than capable of rocking Llanview to its core, bare bones & all like Malone/Griffith did from 1991-1996.

Completely watchable

GH

DOOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Is gh what it use to be? hell no. but what soap is, really. none.

I do agree that in FEB the show was simply AMAZING. but thats what GH does. Its great during sweeps, crap during everything else. I kinda wish they would get a new co-headwriter. Someone to really shake things up a lot - but keep Guza there for sweeps cuz he does do them well, but there is no caryover with them.

And i must say that i think GH is the one soap thats done an amazing job of bringing on new people this year. Kate Howard is fantastic and fun to watch - she even makes sonny kinda fun. and thats HARD! i also love coop & logan.

• Members

I know I'm the one who started the thread, but I'd like to take back what I said. The show IS very watchable right now, and while I think it's not at the calibur it was earlier this year, the character development's still there as is the stellar direction and solid writing.

Archived