OLTL Discussion: Week of September 3rd

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised Lindsay brought up the whole Jack thing and connected to Spencer, I thought for sure that wouldn't be used until court. As far as I'm concerned, Todd has been like a walking hypocrite these past couple of days with it all, despite the fact that he does has rights as the biological father.

For once, my feelings have switched concerned Michael and John. I mean, seriously it's ridiculous that he still didn't want to tell Marcie the truth. Hearing it from Todd (or anyone else) is not better than hearing it from him. I'm glad John talked some sense into him... and offered to take the blame.

And Natalie! She's the godmother my ass. Rex has had more contact with Tommy than she has, and I have never understood why her and not Lindsay was made the godmother. Goodness, if I have to sit hear and watch her be in the middle (when it's all about John and not Michael and Marcie) then I will upset. From the fact that she told Miles that she feels sorry for John, and not Marcie and Michael when they are going to feel the most pain; just tells me that it will be all about John anyways.

• Members

I am soooo rooting for Todd. I want him to get his kid back.

I have a feeling that because of Spencer, neither Marcie & Michael or Todd will end up with TJ. I think that the judge is going to rule against Todd because of his past; and rule against the McBains because it will come out that Michael knowingly kept the baby away from Todd.

This will be Spencer's revenge against the McBains and Todd (IMO)

• Members

OK WHY would Marcie call Roxie to look after Tommy and not her husband (who she hung up on while hw as shouting MARCIE WAIT I might ad...)? I suspect (and if this was in the spoilers don't confirm if I'm right) that Todd will show up and see Roxie with the baby and Roxie being dumb or drunk or half asleep will allow Todd to watch him for her and he'll take off leading to an ENDLESS series of chase episodes....

GRRR plot driven stupidity

• Members

Am I the only one who's quickly losing interest in OLTL? Carlivati's been rewriting (adding to) Higley's stories for how long now? Where are the significant changes? I KNOW that Higley is a horrible Head Writer, but the show under Higley & Carlivati is worse! I really like Carolyn Culltion, but the show she wrote this week was UNWATCHABLE (not her fault, it's those breakdown writers along with the HW). I only watched about 10 mins of that ep. (Wednesday?) OLTL's been sliding downhill since mid-March 2007 (each month WORSE than the previous one: May 2007, anyone?) & it looks as if it will continue on the same path.

Will the new additions to the writing staff improve OLTL's quality? I'm pleased that...

1. Higley is gone (Been waiting since December 2004)

2. Anna Cascio is returning (as what? Breakdown Writer? Replacing Nipkow's job?)

3. Nipkow is gone

What about Mark Christopher? Is he Higley's hubby? He's a very bad script writer. The show needs new scriptwriters (ie. imaginative ones) Does OLTL need a new Casting Director like DOOL?

Kinda off-topic: What's with OLTL sometimes listing "Created by" & "Executive Producer" & "Written by" at the TOP of the screen? It looks tacky. All other TV shows list their credits at the bottom of the screen.

• Members

Welcome to the boards. You forgot a writing change. Elizabeth Page from ATWT is a Script Writer now for OLTL. I think OLTL is getting wayyy better. Dena and Ron's OLTL together is not perfect, but I would take it over Dena's OLTL solely. I dont know how long you've been watching but as a longtime fan with respect of the history of the show, I think the show is on the money right now. Good? yes, perfect? of course not, but OLTL is so much better than AMC and GH right now.

• Members

The credits move on screen. Sometimes the executive producer, creator, written by appear on the top and other times it is on the bottom. I think it depends on the scene it airs during, since sometimes putting it on the bottom of the screen is more distracting than on the top.

• Members

I loved Elizabeth Page's work as co headwriter with Agnes Nixon on AMC briefly in Summer of 1999--soon though for some reason Passanant took over as coheadwriter (And when AGnes left took over and we all know how bad it got then) so I have a lot of respect for her.

But I agree-w-hile I think the show is better than it was under Higley for most of her run like I posted above there are still inexplicable plot driven bits, etc.

Also I knwo we got a lot of dropped characters in Higley's last few months (Marc's role as a love interest for Erika Slezak etc) but wasn't the big black cellmate who we saw reading a Harvey Milk bio when Tate moved in meant to have a few scenes? i don't really want more Tate so I'm nto mad if they dropped it but...

• Members

Things are better...not as good as they could be. They completely dropped any storyline momentum from Asa's death, although the custody/Tommy is Todd,jr storyline has people talking, far more than the dead boards of six months ago. Lindsay seems a bizarre choice for Spencer's murderer, as if Higley/Carlivati used a twister spinner to decide the eventual culprit. There still is a chance it could end with Lindsay's exit.

I am wondering if it was just Higley, or something more has changed. Marcie, Michael, Nora, Lindsay, and other characters were all but forgotten under Higley -- but it seemed much of that was production mandated. Why the change of heart now? Especially since GH and AMC have not seemingly had a similar change?

Archived