The Tennis Thread

• Members

I think its the same as Serena's back. They've played a considerable amount of Tennis over the years and the body has changed. Same with Fed. Rafa is a few years younger than S and Fed, but look at the intense level of Tennis he has played over the last 5/6 years. The back will heal, it will bother them again, it will heal and then it will bother them again until S and Fed finally give in. This is what finally caused Agassi to retire. He could not ignore the back problems he had any longer. 2006 was a tough year for me :(

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The top 10 for this week

• 1 Rafael NADAL 14085
  • 2 Novak DJOKOVIC 10580
  • 3 Stanislas WAWRINKA 5620
  • 4 David FERRER 5440
  • 5 Juan Martin DEL POTRO 4960
  • 6 Tomas BERDYCH 4950
  • 7 Andy MURRAY 4795
  • 8 Roger FEDERER 4305
  • 9 Richard GASQUET 2950
  • 10 Jo-Wilfried TSONGA 2885

• Members

Ha...I agree...lol

Ferrer went back up to number 4 because Del Po lost early last week in the tournament that he was the defending champion and Ferrer keeps playing every week so he adds points. I dont know how much longer he can do that as he gets older. Berdych passed Murray in the ratings with a tournament win last week. Berdych is just 10 points away from moving back to number 5 in the world where he was for a while last year. He is having a good year so far and could break the top 4 by the time the French Open ends. As for Jo Willy...he has been dropping. He was higher than 10. If he cant close the door soon...lol...he will drop out of the top 10 in a few weeks.

Edited by Soapsuds

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I thought they the announcers had said that Murray had enough to jump from 7 to 5??? I was looking at the numbers too and thought Murray had passed Berdych. I am still pissed Berdych didnt win yesterday....lol....He has been on fire this year...his best year so far....So many times I wanted Fed to win and he never did and now he does...lol...dont get me wrong I love Fed and Edberg combo...always loved both but come on....lol

And Murray isnt playing top 10 ball IMO.....

• Members

Ok you were right...lol...the rankings from 3 to 8 are so close and now with the win Federer is back in the mix. Should be a great year! Del Po dropped to 7 and more than likely out for the season.

Rafael Nadal

• 2 Novak Djokovic 10260
  • 3 Stanislas Wawrinka 5650
  • 4 David Ferrer 5160
  • 5 Tomas Berdych 4890
  • 6 Andy Murray 4885
  • 7 Juan Martin Del Potro 4870
  • 8 Roger Federer 4625
  • 9 Richard Gasquet 2950
  • 10 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 2785

• Members

I got my rounds confused cause i was watching both tournaments at the same time..well day and night...i was thinking Murray had reached the semi thus gaining 180 points but it was 90....so glad dimitrov won...i was so happy for him and it the fans down south sure were for him. He looked so funny with the sombrero hat..haha...so cute....hehe....wow....so that means Berdych will be seeded 4....I thought delpo would be out but wasnt too sure about Ferrer.....Ferrer better play next week because he has 600 points to defend making the finals in Florida. So Fed will be seeded 6th with Ferrer and Delpo out...and also Ferrer has a lot of points to defend come clay season too with a final 1200 point French Open finals....Dimitrov will move up to 14 then....in Indian wells.

Edited by Soapsuds