Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think this person is being a little too reactive to everything that is said about Novak.  Djokovic does live in Monte Carlo, as have lots of other tennis players going back to the 1980s.  Boris Becker used to live in Monte Carlo and it was mentioned all the time.  And?

As for the players who live in Switzerland, it gets mentioned frequently that they reside in Switzerland.  People have even made jokes about it.  I don't see Tsonga fans getting upset about the jokes and Tsonga's house got robbed while he was out of the country!

It was well known that Mauresmo lived in London while an active player.  And anytime there is a European player who lives in Florida, I often hear about it.  

No offense, but I think this person is being overly sensitive.

Of all the things to complain about, this ain't it.

By the way, Alex DeMinaur's mother is Spanish and the family moved to Spain when he was five but moved back to Australia when he was a teenager.  It would make sense if he spent time in Spain where his mother's family hails from.

If anyone can achieve this feat, it would be Stan, LOL.

• Members

Oh she’s hardcore Nolefam... way, waaay more than me. I think the tennis media goes after Novak for many reasons, most of them B.S., but their mentioning his place of residence wouldn’t be first on my personal list of grievances. I just like seeing where everyone lives all laid out. I wish the chart was more extensive.

• Members

Maybe it's just me but the chart seems a bit obsessive and wacky, LOL.

Perhaps commentators keep mentioning that he lives in Monaco because that's where the tournament is and the commentators lack the ability to find something else to talk about (God forbid they actually be quiet sometimes!).

Whenever the Williams Sisters play in Miami, the fact that they can drive to the tournament always gets mentioned.  Every. Single. Year.  Even though their origin story is outta Compton and Serena was born in Michigan, Miami being where they are based is always brought up before each and every one of their matches in Miami.  Yeah, it's tiresome but it is what it is.

I just don't see why she's getting so bent out of shape about it.

Edited by DramatistDreamer