Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is getting ridiculous. Why is the Telegraph the only major outlet covering this story? They’ve had a steady stream of information, a lot of it publicly available. Ben Rothenberg says that the NYT assigned it to another reporter, but nada on any of the recent developments. Unless they are planning a bigger piece requiring further research, this is gobsmacking.

Edited by Costello

• Members

ESPN is the more puzzling one since JG doesn't work for them. There hasn't been any coverage of the story at all. Tennis Channel is just trash. They are all covering it up for Justin. This crap about him asking for some time off is insane. He should've been shown the door without pay until everything was settled. Instead, TC comes up with this statement or allows him to do this? It is pathetic!

There has been 3 or 4 incidents of his behavior and yet TC covers his sorry behind. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It's bizarre.  It's as if every media outlet has ceded the story to the Telegram.  No major sports media outlet in America seems to want to report this.

ESPN is not a surprise to me, tbh.  They've all but given up on tennis.  Last year, they got rid of their English language tennis twitter feed.  Also, if you go to their tennis section on their website, it looks pretty inactive.  Yes, there are pictures and some links but the actual news items are quite stale.  ESPN doesn't seem to care that much about tennis this year at all.

They tried to unload a lot of their Slam matches onto the ESPN+ garbage service but I don't think it is doing as well as they'd hoped.

ESPN has seemed indifferent about tennis at best this year.

• Members

ESPN has given up on tennis, yeah. The season is over, and perhaps outlets simply don’t care if it’s not about a name like Federer or Serena? I know Wertheim won’t cover it for SI because of his TC employment. Still, it’s a bad look for journalists to not even seriously engage the story.

• Members

Thank you for posting! The stuff he said about Anna is sickening! I can't believe Tennis Channel hired him after that. I love all the shade the article has on Justin Gimelstob and John Isner......LOLOLOLOL

Yummy Grigor.....

Please register in order to view this content