Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Glad that King Federer is facing *some* questions about his potential conflicts of interests surrounding Tennis Australia head/Aussie Open director Craig Tiley and investments in Laver Cup, Julien Benneteau’s recent comments, and Caujolle’s revelations that he worked with Federer to change Paris’s surface to engineer a title there for him. The press and tennis establishment *never* hold his feet to the fire because of $$$$ and web clicks. Everyone has to genuflect and kiss his ass or pay a steep price. The cult of Federer, exemplified by David Foster Wallace’s hagiographic comments about him, has been sickening to watch. His flaws are always vehemently excused. 

He’s clearly an all-time great and deserves *some* deference and preferential scheduling for his contributions to tennis and global fanbase  (it IS a business), but fairness and accountability need to be part of the equation. Tennis has to be bigger than any one man, and TPTB need to understand that if they are to survive once King Federer retires.

Edited by Costello

• Members

And I don't recall the Aussie Open courts being that fast. It's like they did it for Roger. Had not all the injures occurred with the other players .....Federer would still be stuck with 17 majors. I mean when you have Tennis Channel admit that Roger is who they want to feature and in certain time and court will no wonder tennis hasn't grown. 

And TC just announced the ATP Cup coming in 2020....will be a Laver/Davis Cup type tourney with 3 cities in Australia used and would occur right before the Aussie Open.....10 day tournament with 750 points available......Are they kidding me? TC said this tourney already existed but is being brought back.....but to have such a major tourney before the Aussie Open is ridiculous. They will shelf the warm up tournaments that have I believe a 250 point value for it. 

Well at least Isner made some money for showing up....so he shouldn't feel like [!@#$%^&*]...LOL...even though he gained no ranking points.....LOL. Borna also got a appearance fee although he never had to play.....I guess Karen wanted to enjoy his win and decided to pass as an alternate. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Roger had been playing crappy all week no matter what the tennis media was saying. Not surprised Sacha beat him. I saw bits and pieces of it but didn't see the controversy. I'll have to rewatch the match later. 

Roger fans booing.....nah......reminds me of how bad his fans behaved at Indian Wells this year. 

This loss means Roger might have to beat both Rafa and Novak at the Aussie Open to win it all. 

• Members

British journalists love to brag about how knowledgeable British fans are about tennis, while denigrating other countries (e.g. China) about how ill-informed their tennis fans are but only ignorance can truly explain why people would boo and continue to boo because of a mistake that a ballboy, a volunteer and a kid, made by accident. 

Maybe the Brit tennis fans are not all they've been lauded to be.

• Members

Roger post game press conference 

Roger: I don't know the rules but doesn't the umpire make the call and in practice when were are practicing there are balls all over the place and we don't stop playing......

Lawd...is someone upset?......LOLOLOL 

Roger damn well knows the rules....