The Tennis Thread

• Members

Why would he give it a rest when he keeps winning? Who cares what a bunch of folks on social media think? He has enough fans. You don’t need to be the most popular player in the world. 

Anywho, he’s now 25-22 against Roger and 27-25 against Rafa, the “GOATs.”

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Novak is the one that makes it a big deal when he yells at the fans for supporting Roger during matches...he needs to move on....he wants to be loved like Roger is and it aint happening....and UGH to Kei making it....he is getting on my nerves too......

Kei got in by default....lawd he is. on my hate list too....

John Isner and Justin praying and using their voodoo magic in hopes that Rafa pulls out....LOL.....that's all that needs to happen...lawd...awful.....love the satisfaction that both are upset by this.....LOL

• Members

There have been a lot of “Nole!” chants in Paris this week.

Dude is spent today and has been battling a cold all week, which any reasonable viewer could see. Nadal pulling out after the draw meant Fed and Novak were on the same side. Yesterday’s semi should have been a final.

Khachanov is great, though. I like him. The Russians (plus Zverev, Shapovalov, and Tsitsipas, all of Russian descent) are really leading the NextGen.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Wow, Karen Khachanov bullied that baseline today, lol!  Of the GenerationNex group, his volleys are a cut above the rest, from what I've seen.

Even if Nolé is fatigued, he's beaten people looking much worse than he did today, so Karen still had to go out there and take the match and congrats to him!

• Members

Fair play to Khachanov. He’s the only guy other than Sascha of that group to win a huge title like this. I don’t think Roger would have fared better in this match.

Certainly it’s a more satisfying winner than last year’s champion.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I'm like what mother names her son Karen....LOLOLOL....Isn't Agassi Armenian too? 

And Lawd Karen's uncle is hot....LOL...the one Sascha was complaining about....LOL. I see where Karen gets his good looks. 

Roger would have faired worse.  And speaking of Sascha...he is already complaining that he is tired and that the season is too long.......pleaseeeeeee....he is such a whiny bitch......

And speaking of Isner....fans are hoping that Nadal does play...they don't want to see Isner anywhere near the year end championships....to quote the tennis fans...."He is a BORING player to watch"

• Members

It's more likely that his father named him since his father is Armenian. Yes, Agassi is ethnically Armenian, though his father was from Iran.

I don't know if you remember the tennis player Sargis Sargsian (he's friends with Andre) who retired sometime ago but he is also Armenian. 

Not for nothing but Serena's husband is Armenian-American too.