The Tennis Thread

• Members

What did McEnroe say about DelPo and Almagro? I missed it.

The Monfils and Gasquet match wasn't covered on NBC. I am not sure if Tennis Channel covered the Monfils/Gasquet match. I DVR it and haven't seen the early morning coverage. I was able to see Venus, two points of Thiem and Novak's match live. Everything else I woke up too late to watch live. It wouldn't surprise me if McEnroe chuckled during their kiss. When your own son doesn't want anything to do with you...it kind of tells you what kind of person John is.

I have a feeling the same goes with Ryan Harrison. He reminds me a lot of John on court yet everyone praises him to the hills on what a great person he is off court. Yeah I got a used car to sell them.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I said earlier this week - there was nothing injured about  Mladenovic Mag-face.  She milks anything she can and plays alot of gamesmanship.  She argued with an umpire for 3 minutes - found out she could get away with it, and then did it again. She is a total hack.  She is a fake and a hack.  She gets "injured", then runs around afterward like a kid on crack.  She sucks.  She'll win though so that's all that matters. 

• Members

The French crowd has had pretty notorious reputation for quite some time. They boo a lot for tennis crowds. I didn't see the Mladenovic/Muguruza match but I heard it got intense with Kiki shouting after a couple of Garbiñe's double faults. Not nice at all but unfortunately I can't say it was the first time I have heard of players doing this. I've seen some pretty flagrant incidents of either flouting rules or poor sportsmanship in my years watching tennis.

Sometimes I kinda think that the behavior of the French crowd over the years has brought bad karma to their players, which is sorta too bad since there are one or two French players that I would be pleased if they won Roland Garros. Maybe if they got a champion, they'd stop acting this way?

• Members

Alizé Cornet (who is still in the tournament

Please register in order to view this content

) had an incident with Sara Errani years ago where Cornet yelled "Vamos" in Spanish and Errani got annoyed and asked "Why you say vamos?!" 

Supposedly Kiki has also been known to yell "Forza" in Italian.  She speaks 5 languages.  Muguruza, in her Press Conference before it all fell apart was said to quip that Kiki speaks like 25 languages.