Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't stand players like Jan Brady who can't beat a player that is clearly injured and hobbling around. She sucks and has no business on the WTA tour. Give me Venus....she would have put her away in straight sets instead of this nonsense 3 longggggggggg set match.

Ok  Donald ...you're costing me some Sasha quality time....if you can't beat 100 year old Ferrer then you shouldn't be on the tour either!

• Members

Americans losing left and right...only one that won today was Johnson but his match was from yesterday.....as for Donald....lord match point.....

Donaldson loses too and Tiafoe is about to go down to Fog.....the americans suck .....LOL

• Members

Tiafoe is young and I think, hope will learn from this. Fognini, when he's not tanking sets is a talented player, definitely not a tomato can. Francis has to learn how Fognini operates and not be fooled by his 'tricks' again in future.

Donald's match went down to the wire. It was just the type of exceedingly grinding match that Ferrer excels at winning. Given Ferrer's lack of consistency of late, I do agree that I'd be surprised if he got very far in this tournament. Then again, I'd never count out a former finalist and clay is his best surface.

Mischa Zverev, who was a finalist days ago, went down in the first round to Napolitano, who I'd barely even heard of. So, it's not just American men.

Steve Johnson, who I'm not a fan of, is still in the tournament, despite the loss of his father.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

It was all over TC and some wondered if it was done on purpose by Boris since he knew it be on TV. Also some said that the Joker camp and Joker weren't happy to see Becker there....LOL.

Couldn't agree more and TC/ESPN pimping them ain't helping them.

• Members

Just dumb on Sasha's part to stop playing yesterday. He had the momentum and Verdasco knew it thus the big crying about playing on and Sasha fell for it. Sasha still needs to work on his volleys. He missed an easy one to bring up match point.

More Americans out....LOL....Silly Sam is out.....LOL

Kei is 27 already? Lawd he hasn't done squat since his US Open run. Kok is looking good!

• Members

Kerber has been awful...but that was a pretty rotten draw for a 1st round match....whoever she was used to be pretty good.  I hadn't heard of her in a while...

The Jen Brady match vs. Mladenovic - eh.  There wasn't anything wrong with Mladenovic I don't think - it's just gamesmanship.  She didn't like the way she felt in the 1st set so called for a trainer to give herself a little restee-poo.  Then every now and then when you lose a point you grimmace a little and grab your back.  Then on the very next point she's running around like an 8 year old on candy crack retrieving balls left and right.  Then in the last set when a point didn't go her way after a long game she argues the mark....chair umpire was horrible because she fell for it.  Stands there and talks to her for 3 minutes about why she's not changing the call.  Keep complaining to see how long you can stand there because she needed another restee-poo.  Free timeout.  And Brady is standing there waiting to serve her game...will probably tighten her up a bit if I keep this up.  Hey wow, look at that, it worked.  A little later....wow I need restee poo.  YES as luck would have it - another mark close to the line!  Bring chair umpire down to check the mark, and stand and talk for another 2 or 3 minutes.  That umpire was horrible.

I don't understand - I don't know - do they not have the challenge system just because it's on clay?  In the above instances the call was correct they said and then Davenport said something like...but I understand why they don't show it on Hawkeye, so.  Well - I don't understand it...the chair umpire or player could conceivably call the wrong mark - so why not have Hawkeye in place, make her challenge it, and be done with it. 

• Members

Hawkeye has a noticeable margin of error that impacts accuracy. Maybe because it's on clay, that leaves a mark, tennis bodies think that Hawkeye would not be any more accurate than just finding and pointing out the mark.  

In fact, due to Hawkeye's obvious margin of error, it's probably less accurate on clay than just finding the mark.

Also, from what I've read, rigging up the apparatus for Hawkeye is no small feat.  

About a year and some months ago, someone died while helping to set up Hawkeye at a tournament in China. Perhaps with all these factors, the clay tournaments might feel that it's not worth the risk to set up something that is no more accurate than the human eye.

As promised, a video (although it was not the one I originally saw) showing what happened in the Klizan/Lokoli match.

Edited by DramatistDreamer