The Tennis Thread

• Administrator

Maybe John thinks there's no hope with the American players?  LOL  Or maybe they're not offering enough money. 

Don't know much about Vasek but I doubt he's better than Milos.  Milos is getting better and better.  Sure it may not last long so that's why he has to strike now and win on Sunday. 

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@DramatistDreamer  LOL at Feliciano….or as Judy Murray calls him….Deliciano….lol  Deliciano meaning delicious…LOL…..200 is a lot though…LOL…when does he have the time….LOL

Going back to Roger….kind of glad he didnt want cause he dumped Edberg as his coach. It was nice to see Edberg in his box this two weeks. Roger went from Edberg to Milos old lousy coach…..Roger had a better year with Edberg as his coach last year...

• Members

Yes, @Soapsuds, I distinctly remember Judy Murray's nickname for Feli and her noticeable pause when once asked who she'd cheer for in a match between Deliciano and Andy :lol:. I'm guessing she might have a twinkle in her eye knowing that Feliciano is back on the market.

I'm guessing a lot of folks will have a twinkle in their eyes about this.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Of course I am! It's a tremendous achievement but Serena was already great regardless! It was nice to see Serena get all the accolades and the affable trophy presentations, Margaret Court's sour expression:P and that long walk through the corridors at the AELTC. I enjoyed the whole thing.

I was watching some of the doubles, including the Williams Sisters win over Babos and Shvedova. Really fun match.:D Also, the all French Men's Doubles Championship, even some of the Boy's Doubles- I've really become a fan of Felix Auger-Aliassime over the past year or so.

• Members

Feli is good looking but I wouldn't call him "my type". That doesn't mean I can't appreciate the way he wears those very snug shorts. I was going to say 'I wouldn't kick him out of bed' but apparently he's already been in way too many women's beds as it is,  if you believe what his soon to be ex-wife says. I personally find Fernando Verdasco the most physically appealing (his game OTOH is all over the place), the rest do very little for me, although I've enjoyed watching Rafa play, especially at the beginning and zenith of his career.  

Gosh, I hope this Men's Final doesn't bore me.

In addition to Serena winning her 22nd Major title, yesterday was Dominika Cibulkova's wedding day. I couldn't resist posting this picture.

• Administrator

Tough match for Milos as Andy Murray is playing at such a high level right now by making it to three straight Grand Slam finals and winning one of them.  Milos didn't have his big serve and Andy return game was great.  It was frustrating to see Milos continue to hit the ball to Andy's backhand where Andy was winning so many points.   Hopefully Milos gains experience from this and won't be as nervous if he makes it to another Grand Slam final.  It was still a big step up for Milos making it to his first Grand Slam final.   It's now 14 straight years that the Wimbledon winner has been Federer/Nadal/Djokovic/Murray.  That's unbelievable. 

• Members

It was boring as I suspected. ESPN went on and on how now Murray was going to challenge for number 1…..rolled my eyes at that considering Novak has won everything this year minus Wimbledon and Monte Carlo….ESPN sure tries its hardest to pimp the men's tour which isn't that exciting. I had to LOL at Murray just having 3 majors and ESPN pimping him to no end today….LOL. He hasn't even reached the number of majors Edberg or Becker won….LOL. Besides Wimbledon the only other major he has won is one US Open. And at Wimbledon he got all his matches on center court and always the last match of the day. I wish the US Open would do that with all of its American players and put all the others in outer courts like Murray. Venus raised that issue when she got put on court 18 this week for a singles match.

So Murray has 3 majors…blah…nothing earth shattering….still nothing to write home about…not part of the big 3 still IMO….as for Milos------------->Bye!….that was your biggest chance and your blew it…..no majors for Milos.

I had forgotten about Fernando….he is good looking but don't care for the rest of him…hehehe…he seems like a nice guy. Its too bad his game went downhill once Rafa's career took off cause I always thought Fernando could have won a major. 

Glad Henri Kontinen won the mixed doubles…wish he would play more singles…..

Please register in order to view this content

• Administrator

I don't know why you're always picking on Andy Murray.  Outside of Nadal/Federer/Djokovic, he's the only one to have three majors.  That's pretty good in this era for anyone outside the big three.  And he's made to three straight finals.  I mean, the give the man is due. 

Edited by Toups

• Members

July seems to be the month that tennis players choose to wed. Apparently, Ana Ivanovic and German footballer Bastian Schweinsteiger got married today in a civil service. The church ceremony is supposed to occur tomorrow.

CnKMCDyWgAAIJzk.jpgBastian Schweinsteiger and Ana Ivanovic are now a married couple after tying the knot on Tuesday