Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I find many of the French players très exciting but are any of them really reliable?  Still Fritz looks every bit like a future Top 10 prospect.

I don't know what to make of the Harrison upset over Cilic, I guess it depends on whether Harrison can back up his win in the next round.  

Good for him, I guess?

The upsets in Doha keep chuggin' along.  Kvitova is out (which honestly, is never that much of a surprise), Woz is out.  Any more?

• Members

That loss drops Harrison to #145 in the world while Fritz yet to play is over 60 spots higher than him….LOL.  Ryan is still young…for some reason I thought he was in his mid 20s or closer to 30…..yet he can't win a tournament or make a final …just sad. Fritz in barely his 2nd tourney on tour made a final.

• Members

Maybe he's waiting for his late 20s/early 30s to make some sort of push.  I think because so many players are having longevity and others have peaked later in their career it's giving some players a false sense of security that somehow they have all the time in the world.  There are no guarantees that this will work for everyone.  

At least some of the emerging talents like Fritz and Zverev are not waiting around, they're making moves now.  Meanwhile the Dimitrovs, the Harrisons and the Youngs are becoming part of a Lost Generation.

• Members

Ha and Dimitrov is playing Young …with Dimitrov finally breaking Young to go up 5-3 in the first set…..

And Sam Q is beating Kei?:huh:  I think Kei is going to turn out like Chang…..a one hit slam wonder …his game just hasn't seemed to bother the other players like it did a couple of years ago….

Oops…I was wrong about Harrison's ranking….

Ryan Harrison   USA14   -40 -135 - Qualification Acapulco W
Lost in Acapulco R16
-

He dropped 40 spots with loss…ouch!  He is at 167 now….LOL 

• Members

I like Kei but I think he, like Chang may be limited by size.  I hope I'm wrong because when Kei's on and healthy and engaged, he's dangerous but tennis for the most part is a big man's game.  

Being too tall is not much of an advantage and could actually be a hindrance (look at Querry, Karlovic and Isner) but being over 6ft seems to be the minimum for Major success on the Men's tour.  Like I said, I hope Nishikori can really prove this not to be the case.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Dimitrov isn't taking it to Thiem. Thiem is hitting the bigger shots. Dimitrov game to me is too flashy….he really doesn't have a game plan when playing these players….he plays everyone the same…Dimitrov is reminding me of Agassi…he is too busy dating famous females to care fully about his game…now he is dating Nicole Scherzinger.

With win Thiem is up to #14 in the world…a new high ranking for him. Dimitrov didn't play very well at all.

Fritz is up next!

• Members

Fritz is clobbering Sam Querrey so far.

I think you're right about Dimitrov-- too busy trying to look good to grind out each point when necessary.  Gosh, even Federer has won playing ugly tennis!  Grigor needs to realize he can't look cute all the time.  If he doesn't start putting in some results, Scherzinger is going to dump him like Sharapova and Serena did.

• Members

I love it too (lol).  It's better that someone bring Querrey back down to earth so he doesn't think he can sleepwalk his way to success as he's been doing for years now.  He makes no use of even his height advantage, so I have little use for him.  Awhile back someone posted a meme of Sam just staring somewhat helplessly at a ball on the court as if he didn't know what to do with it (lol) I thought it was perfect to show how Sam looks to most of us.

The one thing I'm hoping is that Fritz won't have a lapse in concentration.  Sam's a terrible player but he's not dumb, he will seize on those types of opportunities.