GL: Week of August 20th

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've only watched Monday's show so far.

I really love the idea behind Coop & Ashlee's romance and John Driscoll has been really impressing me lately but...I'm not all that convinced yet to feel sorry for Ashlee...there's something about Caitlin Van Zandt's performances that annoy me.

The scenes with Cash and the judge were funny. Line of the day was from Cassie, "I like your hair!" :lol:

• Members

I hadn't tuned in to GL for like two weeks because I hate getting up early but I caught it today. I really enjoyed the Gus/Harley/Nat love triangle today. BH is such a great actress. I also enjoyed the Buzz/Lillian pairing. Has Olivia/Reva crashed into Josh & Cassie's wedding because when I saw the previews, it looked good!

• Members

I'm starting to enjoy GL again, but I must make two comments:

- I SO want Reva to admit that she's pulling an Annie Dutton on Olivia. There's not that much difference between throwing yourself on a windshield vs. throwing yourself down the stairs -- both for a man. If Reva had made a simple aside about learning from the master, I'd be happy.

- Of all the events that SHOULD HAVE OCCURRED on Main Street, it is Buzz's campaign event today. Isn't he campaigning against Alan redeveloping Main Street? Does he not have his OWN restaurant that might be more appropriate to position himself as the little guy who's going after the position for the right reasons? I never want to see Main Street again, but at least this would make sense.

• Members

Two very good points you make. You know what I've never really seen Reva wholeheartedly a better person than Annie anyway(even though I uberloved Annie Dutton alot more than Reva). As for Buzz's campaign event today, yep you're right again. When was the last time we've seen Company anyway? I hope they haven't torn it down like um....the Spaulding dinning room! (The Spauldings now only have one set now, the study.)

• Members

Random comments on Tuesday's show:

- I still like Gus & Natalia

- Nice to see scenes between Rafe & Lizzie...those two are believable as cousins

- I forget that Billy is Daisy's grandfather so it was nice to see those two in some scenes together as well

- Dinah's storyline is really interesting...it almost seems as if some research was done first before writing it. As a psych major, the fact that she's not able to do functional, everyday things but can "make stuff up on a whim" without stumbling (what Matt described as "smooth" :lol: ) is very believable but hardly something I would expect a soap to look into.

- Sometimes I feel bad for Marina and then she annoys me all over again. I don't know why.

- It's so nice seeing Alex almost everyday now and not being just an extra.

- I enjoyed the Remy/Mel scenes. My favourite exchange of the day is from them:

Remy: She's not my type. (referring to Mel's assistant Lola)

Mel: So what is your type, anyway?

Remy: Easy. Someone who doesn't hang out with you.

:lol: BURRRN....!! :lol:

• Members

It's like DK suddenly realized that Alex was more than just Alan's sister. I hope we'll see shades of the old Alex when she learns about Cyrus. The real Alex was a force to reckoned with, someone you never crossed, something DK and the previous writer have never understood about the character. The last writer to write her in character Millee Taggart and that was back in 2003!

It's holding my interest, but sometimes I fear that DK will suddenly mess it up.

• Members

I'd like to see Doris developed more. A Doris/Buzz/Lillian triangle would rock. This time I want Buzz to choose the nice girl though and actually be settled down and happy with Lillian for awhile. She could help him run company on the weekends or something.

Seems like Tammy is popping up a lot these days. Once in awhile is ok, but I hope this isn't going to be a regular thing.

Archived